Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:23PM

I know that men can be sealed to multiple women if their wives have passed away, and that women need to have their sealings to their divorced husbands canceled before they can be sealed to a new husband. Can divorced men be sealed to a new wife if they are already sealed to their previous wife, though, or does that sealing have to be canceled too?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:27PM

No. It's not typically done for men.

Posted by: Chronic Lurker ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:31PM

Women who were previously sealed have to get a cancellation. They can not be sealed to more than one man. Men get a "clearance" and the sealing remains intact. Cough cough polygamy cough

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:37PM

NO, divorced men DO NOT need a sealing cancellation to be sealed again while their ex(es) is/are still living. TSCC will send a form letter to the ex-wife inviting her to write a letter regarding the new sealing. They no longer even use the verbiage of "giving permission."

The letter will have absolutely no effect. Local leaders will ask the man if HE thinks he resolved whatever issues his ex wife brought up in the letter and if HE thinks he is worthy to get sealed again.

My ex did this to me. After a hellish marriage filled with decades of his behavioral addictions (mostly sexual, but including others as well) and mental illnesses (for which he refused treatment or meds) and his persistent avoidance of his legal obligations to our children, he met a woman online and married her a couple of months later. They quickly began reproducing, so she demanded the sealing.

She treats my children like second-hand trash and strictly controls the money so he can't even pay to take them out for a movie when he comes to visit (once a year, from four states away). Thankfully, my kids are older, so she doesn't get the chance to parent any of them.

The letter made no difference. I knew it wouldn't. I seriously doubt Ex-DH has stopped doing all the things he did when he and I were married, especially since he's never admitted he had any problems.

Men can do whatever they want as long as they pay tithing and tell the Bishop they're worthy (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). One man I know has six living ex-wives. He married four of them in the temple. He is looking for lucky number seven.

Any takers?

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 09:06PM

I am still sealed to my ex and he has married again in the temple for time and all eternity. His wife hates me and I can't figure it out. Maybe she thinks I hurt her hubby's feelings time and time again. But maybe she hates me cause I'm still wifey number one! My dear sweet MIL suffers because in her mind, I'll have to go live with hubby number one in the next life and her dear son, the love of my life, gets left out in the cold. Some nice god huh? What a cult

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 09:40PM

It's because she knows you're going to be in charge of her ass for eternity! You my dear are the queen. She's just a lady in waiting. She can hate you all she wants, but that's her truth.

Just sit back and enjoy all of the fake power she's giving you.

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 09:43PM

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 09:57PM

It's a way polygamy could still be practiced, at least in the afterlife. It's also a way that polygamists could get around the loophole as they might have gone through a legal divorce, but have a "sealing clearance" granted so he's "sealed" to more than one wife at a time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.