Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: modelone ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 10:00AM

So many centuries of walking the earth with their Priesthood intact. The authority of Jesus himself given to these Apostles. The Three Nephites( & John ) all have the Priesthood - so it was never off the Earth.

How often do you think Monson & Co visit with these men? Counsel with them to learn from their experience and direct observation of mankind through the centuries?

Why aren't these Living Apostles who saw and talked with Jesus personally - every acknowledged or given credit by current Mormon leadership? They are ignored more than blacks by mormon, inc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truethat ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 10:46AM

Especially since post-restoration profits and others have seen the three Nephites on occassion. We know by direct revelation to modern profits and by the book of moron that they exist, have never died, will never die, and continue to minister unto the children of men. So their existence truly does beg the question of why they are not recognized in general conference, Why are they not given proper veneration, and why they cannot tell the current leaders the location of the book of moron lands? Really, the three nephites seem to be on hiatus and are doing a shitty job overall - just saying. They should have three high back chairs on the stand, next to the profit for these three, in case they show up - but more so, just out of respect.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 12:01PM

Good point. Shouldn't John be the current prophet?...and the three Nephites the permanent senior apostles?

Posted by: Truethat ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 02:02PM

Should be Qourum of the 19, not 15.

Hey Tommy, it's not Q12 or Q15 - it's the Q19 - you big dummy.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 03:40PM

Good point-- and since the 3 nephites and John have been on the earth since Jesus' time, there was never a full apostasy-- so a restoration was not necessary. There was no need for Joseph Smith. There was no need for the first vision. There was no need for Moroni to even bury the plates (he could have just given them to the 3 nephites for safe keeping).

Once again, mormonism logic implodes upon itself.

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:19AM

Also, TSCC states the great apostasy took place at about 80 AD. But the last prophet was from the Book of Mormon ( Moroni ) in 400 AD?

Posted by: Cowboy Jesus ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 11:02AM

Their main duties are helping to plow fields, change tires, and other odd jobs. Sometimes they give investment advice about dream mines and stuff. It almost sounds too stupid to be real.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 11:18AM

I don't know that we teach that.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 11:25AM

I was just thinking that if Larry King had asked Hinkley about the 3 Nephites, "I don't know that we teach that" would have been his response.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 11:56AM

has quarterly financial meetings with the 3 Nephites where they review the Lords portfolio and make sure that the COB is acting as proper stewards.

When not visiting Salt Lake City, the 3 Nephites travel the earth. One has an office in Midtown Manhattan, one in London, and one in Dubai. From these locations they monitor the spread of the Gospel and prep the Earth for the imminent return of The Savior by buying up shares in oil companies, managing retail space and acquiring land in Florida.

Occasionally they like to pull over and help stranded LDS motorists just to keep their mystique alive.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 12:02PM

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 12:14PM

Some leaders of the church have professed that the 3 Nephites are real and still among us such as Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said:

“These three Nephites continue in their translated state today, just as when they went throughout the lands of Nephi. At one point Mormon was about to reveal their names to his latter-day readers, but he was forbidden by the Lord from doing so. Nevertheless, these three ministered to Mormon and Moroni, and they are yet ministering to Jew, Gentile, and the scattered tribes of Israel, even all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people. (Jeffrey R. Holland, Christ and the New Covenant: The Messianic Message of the Book of Mormon, p.307)

http://www.mormonthink.com/glossary/three-nephites.htm

Posted by: redbullet750 ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 12:24PM

They probably have quarterly meetings with them... along with the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and BigFoot Cain.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 12:48PM

No idea.

Still trying to figure out why the 15 age so quickly and look like hell, and have all of these maladies, when they have The Priesthood.

None have the aura of having lived authentically and well.

Posted by: Holy the Ghosy ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 03:10PM

"So many centuries of walking the earth with their Priesthood intact. The authority of Jesus himself given to these Apostles. The Three Nephites( & John ) all have the Priesthood - so it was never off the Earth."

Yup.
(i) It was never off the earth.
(ii) Then it was restored.

It boggles the mind that a TBM could look at those sentences and not see a contradiction.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 03:31PM

While I was TBM I occasionally wondered why God didn't use one of these immortals to restore his priesthood and organization during the dark ages. I ended up figuring that Joseph Smith just happened to be in the right spot and right time when the rest of the world was ready, and these immortal men were elsewhere and had other things to do anyway.

Posted by: bvd ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 03:54PM

Joseph Smith could have at least said the 3 nephites came and gave him the priesthood instead of peter james and john.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 06:07PM

Posted by: gungholierthanthou ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 07:15PM

We played them in a 3on3 tournament down in Houston. They're good ball players. Not bad at poker either. Talk funny.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 07:47PM

http://corporatehistory.net/upload/library/19_2.jpg

Behold, verily, they shall be known on the records of the Church as Manny, Moe and Jack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 07:56PM by steve benson.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 07:56PM

Did you beat me with that joke, Steve? Or was it synchronicity, because I just used the Pep Boys gag without seeing yours?

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 07:57PM

. . . although, searching the posting history here, you did beat me by 5 minutes, dammit:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1131069,1131557#msg-1131557

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 07:59PM by steve benson.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 08:00PM

Spooky. Mine's in the Mormon Chat thread. So close in timing. I like the way you think!

Posted by: elbert ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:25PM

Apostasy, Apostasy. Did anybody say apostasy? Did Jesus in Jerusalem, in the Americas?? did he say "well, its nice but it'll be over in a few months anyway"??
Why is it that Christ dies and all is over (was his authority all too brief?), while now the prophets die and the next Q12 pres takes over. Something missing in the 1st vison.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 11:06PM

So if the three Nephite apostles never died, nor--as TSCC claims--did the Apostle John, then the priesthood never really left the earth and nothing needed to be restored. Am I right?

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 11:44PM

The 3 Nephites are deep undercover. They are bringing about changes that benefit all of humanity, such as allowing gay marriage.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 12:41AM

The are emeritus apostles.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:30AM

No, two of them married each other and the other converted to Catholicism. They all now work full time for Triple A....

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:35AM

I saw them in concert a long time ago. I lost track of where they are now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_RcqNFg3M

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:37AM

They got confused about their sexuality and started a soul group named after the kingdoms of glory....

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 11:15AM

Why couldn't John and the Three Nephites have told the cojcolds prophets not to be racist?

I bet they can change car tyres really quickly by now. Do they drink caffeinated sodas, and what type of temple garments do they wear? Do they wear LDS trinkets and which version of the Book of Mormon do they have?

Could they not have stopped Mark Hoffman? And are they only allowed to watch Disney movies and LDS films like Johnny Lingo?

Do they know Nessie the Loch Ness Monster, and do they have to wear suits and white shirts to church? And most importantly, have they ever duetted with the Osmonds?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.