Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 12:49PM

"Tithing is so simple and straightforward a thing. Tithing is paid by faith more than it is by money." (Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Sacred Law of Tithing," Ensign, Dec 1989, 2)

Didn't Gordon B. Hinckley often talk about "The Widow's Mite" yet that mite wasn't 10 percent of her income.

If tithing is so simple why require it to do saving ordinances for dead people? They don't seem to be concerned about money. Why is God? If God wants willing "men" to put there shoulders to God's wheel then how about tithing that is less a tax and more a willingness to do things for God's purposes?

Feeding the hungry with your garden sounds like a tithing since it is your "increase." You could sell the produce.

Ah, God's prophets. Everything is so "simple" for them in their unconcern for the "flecks" of Mormon history.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 01:07PM

I devised a much simpler and possibly even more faith-intensive way to pay my tithing! I simply prayed to God, told him my bank account number and PIN, and said he could withdraw whatever he needed! What could be simpler or more faithful than that?

I think if the Morg adopted this simple and faithful method of tithe paying it would surely enrich the members in a multitude of ways!

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 01:09PM

They WANT your money,

but want to make it seem like they don't.
Pshawww shucks.

That would look greedy.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 01:32PM

zenjamin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They WANT your money,
>
> but want to make it seem like they don't.

http://www.lds.org/ensign/1985/11/questions-and-answers
"As all of you will recognize, the ability and the facilities to communicate are among our great and constant needs. The ownership of these properties, both newspaper and broadcasting facilities, while they are operated as commercial entities, both directly and indirectly helps us in our responsibility to communicate our message and our point of view."

Indeed. So they over communicate the message that they don't want what they want.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 03:35PM

Faith walks
Money talks

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 07:10PM

No one is immune to the necessity of a cash flow. Faith won't pay the bills. But obedient tithers will.

If you had ten obedient followers paying you tithing, you'd have an average income without having to work for it. Imagine having millions paying--you'd be forced into vast wealth.

Keep paying, suckers, and enjoy Tommy's $900,000 Audi. Maybe he'll wave a claw at you as he rides away.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 10:28PM

I believe that I am fully paid up, so therefore there is no need for messy money changing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.