Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 08:41PM

For the third time in just over 100 years, your hated Federal Government is stepping in to force your state and the cult that runs it into civilized society.

Ironic how with polygamy, Mormon institutionalized racism, and now, Mormon homophobia, it is the very government that Mormon cultists have reviled for over 175 years, that will end up saving that same cult from shooting itself in the head.

Yes, the Mormons and their puppet State Government will fight tooth and nail to retain the the very policies that, unchanged, would absolutely spell doom for their stupid cult eventually. (Just another proof that your "Prophet" is just a drooling old fool).

Your leaders, Religious and Political, have the foresight of a fruit-fly. Luckily for you, the Federal Government will only put up with your bullsh!t for so long.

Imagine if the Feds hadn't forced you to abandon polygamy. Your entire state would be one big Colorado City, instead of the Colorado City Lite (with endless chain stores) that you presently are.

Remember that Utah does not belong to Utahns, or Mormons. It belongs to the USA. You might be squatting for the moment, but you best prepare for the ass-whipping that the Federal Government is about to visit upon you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 08:59PM

For goodness sake sonoma. When are you going to get it? Utah is the only one that's getting it right. They are God's one true state. All the rest of the country is slowly but surely succumbing to Satan's grasp. Equality is just Satan's latest trick. He also uses truth a lot, so be careful of that too. And if you see any facts, run. Although, once satan gets you, it really ain't half bad.

Great letter.

Date: January 08, 2014 09:04PM

I was "filled with Satan" this morning, and I'm just about to head down to the BF's place to get filled again!

As GBH would say, "Isn't It MAAAAAARVELOUS!"

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 10:23AM

Ok, now I have to clean my monitor. I spit coke all over it :)

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:00PM

"For the third time in just over 100 years, your hated Federal Government is stepping in to force your state and the cult that runs it into civilized society."

More like drag them kicking and screaming into civilized society. Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:05PM

sonoma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Your leaders, Religious and Political, have the
> foresight of a fruit-fly.

The fruit-flies are offended.

Date: January 08, 2014 09:10PM

The fruit flys weren't offended, they just wanted to sin!

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:23PM

Indeed.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:17PM

Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:30PM

But Utah isn't where they are supposed to be! They are SUPPOSED to be in Missouri. Are the Lds putting up a big fight over gay marriage there? ...remember Christ is coming back to reign from Missouri.

Posted by: capitolmoroni ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 10:33PM

Utah: We only support traditional marriagr since 1890.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 05:37AM

I don't believe that we teach that.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:44AM

Why haven't the seagulls swooped down and eaten the gays?

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 09:18AM

I saw a seagull flying over St. George, just about two days ago.

Little did I know that it was looking for the gays. ;)

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:50AM

in the Salt Lake Tribune Letters to the Editor. You just "sure sign of the nailed" this down to the floor!

Thanks for posting.

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 09:56AM

I second this!!

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 09:59AM

+3 ABSOLUTELY!

I especially loved this "Remember that Utah does not belong to Utahns, or Mormons. It belongs to the USA. You might be squatting for the moment, but you best prepare for the ass-whipping that the Federal Government is about to visit upon you."

YEAH YOU GO!

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 10:21AM

sonoma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember that Utah does not belong to Utahns, or
> Mormons. It belongs to the USA. You might be
> squatting for the moment, but you best prepare for
> the ass-whipping that the Federal Government is
> about to visit upon you.

Thanks for the reminder of that. Sometimes it gets so depressing to think I am trapped for now in this GD 'Mormon' state. I occasionally need to readjust my thinking.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 10:56AM

I re-read your brilliant letter again this morning sonoma, and what struck me is that since I have been gone from the very lovely state of Utah for a lotta lotta lotta years, nothing has changed.

The rest of the country and the civilized world has moved ahead, and yet the very people who claim to be the most enlightened on the planet have to be forced each and every time to accept the new level of human decency and kindness that most of the rest of the country embraces at a sure steady pace.

I abhor stagnation and willful ignorance and intentional apathy. That is what a state with a government controlled by the Mormon church represents to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 10:58AM by blueorchid.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 12:11PM

Mormonism has racist and homophobic policies, dictated by its prophets. Maybe they know it; some or most probably do. But, they can't change it themselves, lest they admit their prophets are actually impotent.

So, they do all they can to look like they're fighting for the higher law, but in reality, they're just using their people and buying time to have the *evil and worldly* government step in and force them to change.

That way, prophets and the church did their fight to defend their God, (probably knowing they'd lose), but they still "keep face." They can blame the government.

Then time moves on, the church adapts, and pretends it never happened.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.