Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 11:11PM

I understand some folks here have left the church mentally, but can't tell family. You may have chosen to drop hints here and there, but, for various reasons, you can't come out and simply say you don't believe.

I'm wondering how it would go if you started to offer very specific prayers and never give up. Keep offering the very specific prayers week after week. For family members and fellow church members. Specific things that everyone can see has not changed. Offer the prayer over and over again expressing that you know heavenly father will come through. Just keep going until people start coming to you privately asking you to stop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:44AM

Especially the sincerity bit. Fervently pray for these things and they shall come to pass in the Lord's time. I would LOVE to hear about someone doing this until they were asked to stop. Funny as hell.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 08:51AM

"Dear Heavenly Father, please will you bless Uncle Joe that his leg will grow back...."

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 12:09PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 01:22PM

Bizarre, hilarious, sooooo wrong on soooo may levels and totally Mormon....weird...

Ron Burr

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 02:32PM

I like the idea. It is definitely Mormon passive-aggressive, but the first key concern I had pre-internet was Mormon prayer. This was as a young man and I just couldn't buy the way it was being sold.

This will help drive home that point.

Dear Heavenly Father, please help it so that the hearts of the government in Pakistan will soften and allow Mormon missionaries to preach your gospel as they do throughout the world in Karachi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 02:33PM by gentlestrength.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.