Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 10:29AM

I appreciate Utah this morning. They are just months away from getting their butts handed to them by the Supreme Court on a civil rights case. For the rest of history, it's going to be a really bad black eye for them. You see, I am really happy about this, because as a southerner, it will finally not be my part of the country that has to suffer the indignity of having our names smeared by our history. Sure we did a lot to deserve that smearing, and in the case of Marriage Equality, probably deserve some more, but just for once, it is nice to look out, and see some other backwoods hick state taking the smack down, because their citizens believe that Jesus wants them to not only to irrationally hate their neighbors, but to codify their ignorance into law.

Fifty years from now, when kids are learning about this important Civil Rights case, for once it won't have the words United States Vs. Alabama (or some other southern state).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 10:49AM

Well said.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 08:57PM

Topping cuz it's so damn good.

Posted by: goojabee ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 10:03PM

Which southern states have same sex marriage rights now? I think it will be less of a replacing and more of a joining with the buckle moving from Oklahoma to Utah. Sorry.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 02:32AM

I was wondering how the SSM managed to get legalized there with all those Mormons. I for one am glad it passed, and was upheld by the gov't even though UT tried to pull a loophole and NOT recognize the ssm as being legal there. So, Karma is a good thing, and thank you to the US Gov't for coming down on the state of UT. I may not agree with everything that the US gov't does, but on this one, I thank the US gov't! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.