Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 10:46AM

I think they are in a desperate cash crunch, but are perceived as a good business model.

Perhaps making LDS Inc a public company, ticker symbol BKP? Could bring a much needed cash infusion.

Of course this would require some financial disclosure, but something could be cooked up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 10:48AM

They should become a private company with shares handed out at each temple session.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 12:20PM

Why issue stock? If people want to cash it in, the Company would have to give them money for it. As it is, people "invest" with the hopes of "eternal reward"--no refunds or cashing in shares on earth. Frankly, as much as I think the Morg is hemorrhaging members, I think they're so well invested that, if the Big 15 and their families were all that was left, TSCC would still be set with dividends and business income. But, as "deco" alludes, there is no financial disclosure, so that's pure speculation on my part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 12:20PM by stillburned.

Posted by: ElderHeisenberg ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 04:14PM

Going public would require them to fully disclose all of there financials to the world. This should be easy since members can easily access this information already. Oh wait......

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 09, 2014 07:02PM

They just peddle religion and more and more customers are cancelling their subscriptions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.