Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 10:04PM

I'm sure many of you have already done this but I was curious to see who the next profits of LDS Inc will be. I plugged their ages and order of ascension to Excel and created my projections.

Clearly Monson, Packer and Perry are going to kick the bucket soon. I figure Monson will be gone in 3-4 years. If Packer or Perry miraculously make it to the top it will be a fairly short stint and inconsequential as they will both be incapacitated figureheads only.

After Monson it will most likely be Oaks who will be profit for quite a few years due to his age.

In about 10-13 years Oaks will be gone and Holland will be prophet as he is still fairly young. However, I don't see him living to a ripe old age judging by appearances (mainly his jowls); he just looks so damn unhealthy. I bet his blood pressure is through the roof.

Since Holland doesn't look that healthy I think there's a good chance Uchtdorf will be profit in about 15 years. Maybe all the speculation is true and he is really a sheep in wolf's clothing and will proclaim the church a fraud or at least do away with all the cult BS and turn LDS Inc into another RLDS church where apostates are welcome.

Either way, the reins will most definitely go to Bednar in about 20 years and his tyranny and reign of terror (depending on how much Uchtorf accomplishes) will last for a good 10 years.

Nelson & Hales might be Big Cheese for a sec before they croak. Eyring might get the glory for second too if Holland has a Big Mac Heart Attack.

Ballard, Scott, Cook, Christofferson are definite losers with no chance at the helm.

How do you all see it happening?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: finalfrontier ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 10:12PM

I do think it highly likely that Uchtdorf will be president. He was brought in out of the blue, put in the FP early on, and is indisputably the most charismatic GA. It is quite obvious all that is not coincidence and he is there because someone wants him to change up the church. Who that is though... that would be interesting to know.

Date: January 10, 2014 10:17PM

finalfrontier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do think it highly likely that Uchtdorf will be
> president. He was brought in out of the blue, put
> in the FP early on, and is indisputably the most
> charismatic GA. It is quite obvious all that is
> not coincidence and he is there because someone
> wants him to change up the church. Who that is
> though... that would be interesting to know.

Yes, if he can outlive Holland that is. They are the same age and Holland has seniority.

The same can be said for Bednar and he strikes me as the polar opposite of Uchtdorf.

Posted by: Futhark ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 10:17PM

Bednar is ahead of Uchtdorf. So, I guess that means that Bednar will begin his reign of terror in about 15 years and that it will last around 15 years.

Posted by: Futhark ( )
Date: January 10, 2014 10:22PM

Or... maybe I'm wrong.

Great news if you want the church to improve, bad news if you want it to die.

Date: January 10, 2014 10:35PM

Futhark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or... maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Great news if you want the church to improve, bad
> news if you want it to die.

It depends on how Uchtdorf improves the church. If he gets rid of the cult tactics like

1) Shunning apostates
2) Discouraging open-minded thinking
3) Discouraging studying history and "anti-Mormon" publications
4) Obedience

Then the church WILL die because most members will quickly discover its a fraud.

If he does things like makes fun activities in church, more charitable type things, accepts the gays, etc., then the church will most likely prosper more.

Date: January 10, 2014 10:24PM

Are you sure on that? LDS.org gives October 2, 2004 as Uchtdorf's date of becoming an apostle and Bednar as October 7, 2004.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.