Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 12:23AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 12:25AM

I'm sure that was just an oversight. Why right now as we type, the church is probably printing off thousands of new flip charts in order to fix the oversight.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 10:20AM

FCD,

They just bought up all yer forests thar in Flarida in arder to grind up some pulp (fiction)...

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 07:36AM

We have been told a pack of lies all of those years. We put all our faith and trust in a church that is proving to be a massive fraud. It's time to get our money back.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 08:19AM

My flipcharts had that image 82 to 84.

To me this would be Exhibit A in the fraud case of the Mormon church and its leaders and bureaucratic protectors in the CES, PR, and historical departments. They taught missionaries to deceive. They knowingly chose art that depicted the "translation" of the Book of Mormon story completely diferent than historically described by Joseph Smith and the other principles.

If you read the pish-posh responses to the The Swedes the excuse was that the Mormon church can't control the art made about its stories. They can sure as hell control the art they put in their story telling. That photo of Smith and Cowdry is still in their current Missionary Training Materials--I think it is called Preach My Gospel. Page 7 of 16.

http://media.ldscdn.org/pdf/scripture-and-lesson-support/preach-my-gospel-a-guide-to-missionary-service/2005-04-03-what-is-my-purpose-as-a-missionary-eng.pdf?download=true

Using this art image in 2013 is clear fraud. They don't have a single source to support this image, they have several that support an image of Joseph Smith stuffing his face in his hat with a stone it. Which do they use to represent the translation story? The fraud. It is a fraud cult that functions for the purpose of business profits under the disguise of a Church for constitutional protection and curb appeal.

They had a conspired agenda to represent this absurd story as something beyond fiction, but miraculous. Face-in-hat also eliminates the need for the Urim and Thummim, the murder of Laban, and the Brass and Gold plates.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 11:26AM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 10:25AM

They should just show the South Park Mormon episode to investigators. Much more truthful...dum dum dum dum dum......

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.