Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 02:01PM

I SO HATE THE ARROGANT AND SMUGNESS THAT IS LIKE A CANCER WITHIN MORMONISM!!!

A$$HOLES!!!!!!

(I know I don't need to delineate what has happened and why. We all have been there, we all get it. I just wanna open some woo pass and let loose on them sometimes…ARRGGGGGG!!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paintingintheWIN ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 02:12PM

unfair to be in a setting that others close off and fail to see the obvious talents beautiful person standing in their midst.

I am glad you found this board particularly if you live near any large group of mormons who may fail to see your beauty and significant strengths

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 02:16PM

I hear you angela. TBMs believe the unbelievable, proudly gulp down their daily dose of brainwashing, do their silly jig in their silly temple costumes, and then have the nerve to look at the rest of the world like the rest of us are the ones who just don't get it.

Not only do the duped not know they are duped, they are sure everyone else is duped instead. It is truly maddening to be around.

Above all else, it is the special brand of Mormon arrogance that makes me avoid them like the plague. What a beautiful state Utah is going to be when the TSCC finally loses it grip. I know its a long time off, but one can hope.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 02:21PM

They're pretty far from anything even remotely resembling joyful enlightenment - aren't they.

By their fruits.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 02:22PM by zenjamin.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 02:32PM

I find myself being embarrassed for them at times. Everyone else knows how they are with their proud, smugness disguised as humility act but they don't know it. They think everyone thinks they are special and "good people". No better, no worse. Just self important. They disguise it under a humble persona but it slips out in certain things they say.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 02:35PM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 02:42PM

This: "They disguise it under a humble persona"

This is soooo true. I have a family member that often talks non-stop about how humble and pure of heart they have become because of the church.

The more arrogant the Mormom, the more they try to exude humility. Makes the needle on my bullsh!t meter spin nearly as fast as my eyeballs are rolling.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 04:29PM

This: "They disguise it under a humble persona"

So 10 thumbs up.

Never thought of it that way, but very true.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 06:36PM

How many times have you heard (in a prayer or talk) "I say these things humbly." WTF??????? If you're even the slightest bit humble, the last thing you are going to do is declare your "humility."

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 07:33PM

It's not just tbms ,millenials are smug and arrogant as well

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 09:28PM

Don't be humble... you're not that great.

Golda Meir

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 10:06PM

One of my TBM siblings actually said, "I just sat through a three hour meeting, and my heart is full."

A three hour fill up? Mormon hearts get poor mileage, I suppose, if it takes that long to fuel up.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 11, 2014 10:08PM

"This is soooo true. I have a family member that often talks non-stop about how humble and pure of heart they have become because of the church." - bragging about being humble is an OXYMORON.......what morons. It is a sure sign of the Nail, Oh I mean sure sign of NOT being humble.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.