Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: always1234learning ( )
Date: January 14, 2014 01:41AM

After so many years of emotional abuse I finally cut ties with my TBM family. My TBM family is lead by my mom who divorced my 'evil' (love convert) now inactive dad.

Most of breaking away happened after several consecutive events. I decided I was going to live my life the way I wanted and not the way my co-dependent mother and LDS church wanted me too.

Ever so often I get love bombed by my family. First it's from my mom, then a week later, my sibling, then another week later, another sibling. Only thing is they are all from siblings really close to my mom. I never hear anything from the siblings that live out of town. I wonder why?

Also mom and the siblings never say ' what's wrong let's talk' they write just fake happy stuff. What's up with that??

Am I missing something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 14, 2014 05:55AM

Be open to the possibility that somewhere down the road (perhaps a few or a number of years from now) you might want to try again. Sometimes family members need a good long break from each other.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 14, 2014 07:05AM

Are you missing something?

Mormonism is a sickness. Your post says it all.

"Fake happy stuff".

The Church of Jesus Christ of Fake Happy Stuff. - Perfect.

FHS for short.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: January 14, 2014 10:23AM

Keep your eye on authenticity.
It may be worth checking every few years to see if the family you've cut off has "woken up" from the fake happy stuff life of the typical morgbot, but it's never happened to any of mine in the 18 years since I've been out.
I haven't cut them off permanently, but neither do I make myself vulnerable to them. They always twist it and try to use any disadvantage to show me how I am wrong, "fallen", and should learn my place.
If you suspect this is all coordinated, then you can be sure anything you confide to anyone participating will make it back to your mother. It's important not to feed manipulators anything they can work with.
I'm sure I sound paranoid, but if you knew the innocuous stuff that has become a twisted rumor to be spread about me, you wouldn't think it paranoid of me anymore!

Find your family amongst your friends. Family doesn't just happen, it's what you make it. Your blood family can only push you outside so many times before their intent becomes clear. Family you aren't born to... Well you know they want you around, because they choose you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.