Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 12:42PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1136952,1137259#msg-1137259
I was googling to see if any Mormon apologists had weighed in on the "October Surprise" and I was not surprised to find they hadn't. I was surprised when I googled that stake in England + the name Tom Phillips without quotes and came across that juice. I read it and was bored a little until I read the come to Jesus over the youth post.

WOW!

Looks like Hyde Park is private now! What they should have done to begin with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 12:44PM by Pagag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:09PM

Gotta love a first-time poster making false accusations of "hacking." I saved a screenshot of the main screen, and "Shared publicly" was right next to the group name "Hyde Park Stake Presidency" if s/he would have done one second of research before accusing you of breaking into the group. The person in charge of that Google group was irresponsible in not securing it when so much personal and church-confidential information was being discussed.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 04:05PM

Reading that just proved what I've always known.
Mormonism is all about schedules, finding someone to fill a space, and keeping people insanely busy with no pay.

I also found it interesting how they slobber all over someone who has an education, comes from a strong mo family, and is willing to work endlessly no matter how insane the demands. The one guy and his French teaching wife were instantly adored by the leaders of the club. Then there was the letter about kissing up to the politicians that were coming to visit. It was sickening to read.

It may have been in there (I didn't read all of it), but I didn't see anything about helping the needy, poor, elderly etc. I didn't see anything about Christ, or doing his work. It's all about getting people to show up, pay up, and work, work, work. Being a mormon is an incredibly expensive, demanding, and boring hobby.

Posted by: Out in England ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 05:27PM

Oops........ just started a continuation thread before seeing that this one was already up and running

Date: January 15, 2014 06:24PM

Don't worry about it. Yours is much more interesting. I'm just the lucky fool who stumbled upon that incredibly interesting public view into the Hyde Park Stake - which according to some is the "premier" Stake in the UK. I had no idea. I just saw that it was a stake in the UK where a "Phillips" was associated to it since 2008.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:27PM

The premier stake who has only 90 youths, most of whom don't bother to show up.

Posted by: order66 ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:29PM

Hmmm. That's a double negative. So, you DID hack something.

Date: January 16, 2014 11:28AM

Yes, I did. I stuck my nose where it didn't belong but I do not regret it. People need to learn how to use "The Internet." Even if they left themselves open for convenience sake, they should not have. But what a window. Just confirmed for me the level of bureaucratic inspiration LDS Inc. inspires. Ugh!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.