Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:36PM

I share a house with 4 other guys (all lds). At 8:00 p.m. some bishop and another dude just walks right up into our house without being let in! none of us knew who they were. Maybe they knew my landlord because he is also a bishop. He went from bedroom to bedroom looking for an old house-mate for reactivation. Went right the fu€k into my room without knocking to find out if I was this guy. The dude was lucky that I happened to not be butt-ass naked or he would have been blinded. And he was very lucky that I didnt call the cops on him. The bishop asked me if I went to a YSA ward. I said, nope I am 33 years old. I should have said "no mother fu€ker I'm anti!", and stuck a gun in his face. As I followed him out of the property, he had the gall to critisize my hipster cycling attire (as I was about to ride to the store for some grocery shopping). What a douche.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:43PM

I would have decked him on the spot.
Kind you are.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:44PM

Sounds like another example of this "lack of boundaries" issue of which I read so much on this forum.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:45PM

If that happened to me, I would have called the police saying that someone has just broken in.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:46PM

I would have called the cops.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 06:34PM

pathfinder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would have called the cops.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 06:50PM

I would have shot him. This isn't being cavalier. Strange man comes into my home, uninvited, I assume he is there to do me and my little boy harm. I would have regretted his death later on, but it would be his own fault not mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 06:50PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: csuprovostudent ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:49PM

You should return the favor one night...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 03:50PM

You were way too nice to them. If a stranger walks into your home, look at the person with murder in your eyes and yell, "OUT! OUT! Get out RIGHT NOW!" Keep yelling at that person until he leaves the house. Once he is outside, firmly and angrily tell him to a) call to make an appointment first, and b) knock or ring first and wait to be admitted. Don't be a pushover!

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 04:04PM

Maybe next time he will wander into George Zimmermans room.

That should keep everyone busy for a while.

Posted by: Lucy K. ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 04:09PM

Any thought of filing a police report now? People like that keep doing what they're doing until someone stands up to them. Even if they don't prosecute it'll start creating a record of complaints against the guy.

Date: January 15, 2014 06:55PM

They won't prosecute, and you can't get him arrested this far after the fact. In fact, depending on the state, you would contact the state attorney's office (this is where the cops would redirect you in Florida) for a restraining order.

Also, you really need to resign. You don't want to have anything to do with the church, obviously, and a resignation letter would mean that the church can't send representatives over to visit you.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 10:07PM

They were after a former resident.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 04:14PM

Too bad you didn't have a gun with blanks. You could have scared the poop right out of him and made him clean it up. Sweet.

Date: January 15, 2014 07:02PM

You can kill a person with blanks. Bruce Lee's son was killed by a blank. They use soft material, often cardboard, to keep the powder in place, and in a few freak cases, this little end piece has been flung through a person, and killed them. Also, there is this thing called a flash, which is a little puff of fire and smoke that comes out of a gun. With blanks it is much larger. I have started a fire before, on a shooting range, with the flash of my handgun, during a training exercise.

Finally, if the other guy is crazy, and has his own gun loaded with blanks, pulling a blank firing gun, or a pellet gun for that matter, just got you into a life or death gunfight with no hope of winning.

Don't mean to crap all over your fantasy, but when guns are involved, you don't want to be playing around.

Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 04:18PM

it is amazing what I have been conditioned to put up with.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:11PM

Krampus! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it is amazing what I have been conditioned to put
> up with.

We need to learn techniques for dealing with these people.
There needs to be some sort of exmo training so that we're not
totally on our own when confronting people who have been trained
in their confrontation techniques for a lifetime.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 04:19PM

I moved into a house with a roomie (non LDS) a few years ago because I couldn't find anything else. She was a big partier, I found out. One night, one of her drunk friends came into my room in the middle of the night, drunk. He said "Whoops" and left.

I was so pissed at the whole situation that I had moved out by dawn. She had to then find another roomie to help her pay the rent. I told the property management company why I had left, and they said I was the fifth person to do so. They didn't renew her lease a month later.

If you can't file a complaint because everyone else there is LDS with no boundaries and will hate you for it, leave ASAP.

Date: January 15, 2014 05:37PM

I'd go to the police station or call and request an officer come to your home. Report how this creep broke in and entered your home and insulted you.

Legally, nothing needs to be "broken" for someone to be guilty of breaking and entering. The creep barged in against your wishes and needs to hear from the police. They won't likely arrest him this time, but they'll give him a firm warning.

This is outrageous!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 06:44PM

I so agree that you should call the police and report it----sooner than later.

And it is horrendous the lack of boundaries that the cult conditions us to accept as normal, but this guy was at the extreme end of the spectrum IMO.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 06:45PM

Heh heh, Oh yes PLEASE phone the police, explain about the uninvited person wandering from room to room, and request that they please speak to this person and explain that you OBJECT and it is AGAINST THE LAW!!

How I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall to see the expression on that Bishop's face!!!!

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 06:57PM

I take it your front door was unlocked? Time for a meeting with the roomies about basic security.

Not that it excuses him.

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 06:58PM

"Some bishop?". I'm sorry, how do you know they weren't burglars, or predators?
Please, contact the police,,tell them perhaps you can help with any investigations they are doing. This guy said he was a religious minister but had nothing to verify prove.

He gave this name...... Police will contact him to see if he is being impersonated, etc

Date: January 15, 2014 07:15PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:23PM

"Hello handsome...who's your friend? Hey...hey...come back...."

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:26PM

You didn't even say anything to him about his bad behaviour?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:04PM

Maybe ask for his home address so you can walk into his home and bedroom as you please. That might be a good follow-up conversation with him, a stake president, or Church headquarters. Just because you didn't report the trespass at the time to the police doesn't mean you couldn't still file a report.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 11:08PM

Go to the next Fast & Testimony Meeting and while the Bishop is sitting right behind the pulpit let him have it.

Tell the folks I want to share my testimony that if this Bishop ever barges into my house again like that I promise to kick the he!! out of him. Turn to him - you pervert. Then simply walk off without closing in the name of Jesus.

Posted by: scorpionking55 ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:02AM

Keep a louisville slugger handy or perhaps a taser or pepper spray. Whatever it takes to get your message across that You consider him an intruder and have every right to defend yourself if these morons can't respect your privacy it is probably because no one ever taught them to.

Posted by: scorpionking55 ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:33AM

Or perhaps a more rational aproach would be to ask for his search warrent then when he says doesn't have one or doesn't need one call the police imagine him trying to explain himself to them while their cuffing him.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 01:34AM

I keep a loaded 38 on my nightstand. Any guy who would appear in my bedroom uninvited would meet my nightstand decor.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:44AM

I had to comment to the suggestion that you attend the next fast and testimony meeting and call the bishop out. Let us know if you do it!

Posted by: Still Browsin' ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:59AM

Let's see. Former house mate moves without informing church of his new whereabouts. Next we have bishop bursting into house going room to room claiming to be looking for said young man.

It seems to me bishop has not spent much time in home as guest of missing man or he would have gone directly to bedroom of missing rather than a room to room search.

His intensity suggests anger rather than concern for the celestial future of his earstwhile spiritual charge. It may be possible the true nature of this uninvited anti- "social" call was more personal and confrontational than eclesiastical in nature. You may have witnessed the mere tip of the iceburg of a much, much bigger story. By all means, contact the police so there will be an official record of this event. You may never know how your report may be vitally useful in the future. Stay safe, young friend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.