Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Out in England ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 05:21PM

Just in from work and noticed that the Hyde Park email account is now sign in only. How on earth was that ever publically accessible! I clicked on the home tab last night after reading the numbers thread & couldn't believe some of the other stuff on there.

I read about 100 of the threads & it's all happening in that stake.

Members fighting in the ward building
A slightly mad member campaigning to get AP removed as the SP for being too young amongst other things lol (to be fair to Alan he seemed to take it in good faith)
Slightly mad members sending crazy letters to serving Sister missionaries

From later posts on the original thread it sounds like someone (from here?) spoiled the fun by posting on there....bad form guys.....I'd put the link in my bookmarks and was looking forward to following the goings on in the stake!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 05:26PM

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in that post.

It didn't sound like Tom Phillips at all. It sounded like a TBM channeling Tom. It sounded like it was trying to get the thing private. Weird way for a believer to do that. Here is what Tom Phillips sounds like.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/search.php?2,search=,author=3500,page=5,match_type=USER_ID,match_dates=0,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=

Very articulate.

Posted by: Regular ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 06:04PM

Pagag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in that post.
>
> It didn't sound like Tom Phillips at all. It
> sounded like a TBM channeling Tom. It sounded like
> it was trying to get the thing private. Weird way
> for a believer to do that. Here is what Tom
> Phillips sounds like.
>
> http://exmormon.org/phorum/search.php?2,search=,au
> thor=3500,page=5,match_type=USER_ID,match_dates=0,
> match_forum=ALL,match_threads=
>
> Very articulate.

Has Tom said that he didn't write it. I know he monitors this board and others very regularly (based upon his usual quick responses) but I don't think I've seen him say, "No I didn't write that email." Of course, he may have missed the post since the title doesn't mention the stake, the SP or him by name -- and no one can read all the posts on this board -- but I find it interesting that he didn't come out and say, "That's not from me" since integrity is a favorite topic of his. Unless, of course, I missed it -- and if so, please let me know.

I REALLY HOPE he did NOT write that email on a public forum to his son -- regardless of thatever water is under their bridge.

On another board (one that is critical of TSCC) I saw people express a lot of disappointment in him and in the email that appears to be from him.

Wish I knew . . . .

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:18PM

I hope he did.
How many people left the church because his story kicked them in the guts and made them revisit the shelf?

If it is,,then he put his name to it.

Another comment about 'nads

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:42PM

Fred - you asked me on the previous thread whether I think Alan believes his parents did actually receive the 2nd anointing. My answer is 'yes'. How does he square that info? I've no idea, but a mutual TBM friend of both of ours is also very aware of Tom's SA piece after having read it, and it hasn't rocked him in the slightest even though he believes it did actually happen. Perhaps the natural defence mechanism of a TBM is to find some form of explanation, no matter how absurd or illogical.

I do still think the response on the forum was genuinely from Tom. Should he come on here and deny it I'll stand corrected, but I think it was from him.

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 08:14PM

Thanks Sherlock.
Superiority complex you reckon?
Has too much to lose by leaving.
London to a brick he has had SA as well.
I have less respect for him now, as in, Alan. Conscious of hearsay, of course.
It's a white man's church, and Elder I have 2 ladies in my life Nelson and others believe in British Israelism. London is an emotional peg for the church. They can lose Scandinavia, but not UK, especially not London. Jewell in their crown of hopeful meaningfulness.
There's a fascinating psychological profile in here.
Would love a log in for that stake page

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 11:35AM

Someone ought to let Good Ole English "Saints" know that making all of their Google Groups public might not be the best idea on the planet?

Are all these people too old or too lazy or too what? to know that these should be private????

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/basingstoke-bishopric

This is an interesting thread.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/basingstoke-bishopric/NWIsiWUV7Jc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 11:35AM by Pagag.

Posted by: Shocked and stunned ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:32PM

I'm amazed at the personal and sensitive information these chumps have allowed to be public knowledge.
Peoples personal donations are on there as well as personal problems etc.

They should be sued.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 12:36PM

Unbelievable. I can't be bothered to peruse too much but even a quick cursory glance threw up info about prospective callings for names individuals and a write up of a recent reach out night with some sensitive info.

Posted by: Out in England ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:47PM

Looks like the Basingstoke one is also sign in now........didn't even get a peek at that one :-(

I bet a memo will be sent out this week warning all units to stop using these Google groups or at least make them all sign in only.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.