Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentleben ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 07:39PM

http://seek.deseretbook.com/lord-s-side-line/i

I'll be honest, I was only able to get through about 1:30 of this and it was so creepy and gross...

"over here is the devil's territory, over here is the lord's territory. Which side of the line do you want to be on?"

Shit bednar! I can't decide based on the information given! Maybe Satan has cake!

I find out later that the lord's side means a lot of time on my knees. I think satan's cake is looking pretty damn good!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 08:56PM

This is a good example of the way Mormons treat children like little adults. The boy is told that he is responsible for what gods and devils do to him. No wonder he's in tears.

Then Bednar has the bad taste to reverse bear hug the boy in the "devil's territory."

It's amusing that there is only Bednar to speak for both devil and god. Why do the two share a spokesman? Because they are on the same side, Bednar's side. Bednar uses the good/evil dichotomy to indoctrinate children. The children will be fleeced as soon as they have income.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 01:49AM

Absurd.

That guy was the president of the University of Arkansas? What a scam he pulled on them. They paid for Top Gun and got Gomer Pyle.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.