Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fredoi ( )
Date: January 15, 2014 09:34PM

TL:DR HeartSell (TM) is the churches Kryptonite

Less TL:DR
Understand better how to get people out of the cult. Just sending them information like the CES letter won't work at first.
We have to deprogram them first. The Church owned and sold process called HeartSell (R) and the Holland Youtube clip demonstrating his duplicity and self-admitted 2-faced sales technique are kick starters to people being prepared to be objective about the things on their shelves, and reconsidering the sincerity of "The Lords Anointed".
Once there, then we can all start back and forthing on the 20 page emails with all the "facts"

------------------

Long, but deprogramming 20+ years can't be done in 144 characters

I hope the kid in the Bednar Bear Hug Video gets a slice of the royalties for 5 years, and counselling for the rest of his life

Now. I'm sure there are people more eloquent and alert to this than me. But again, you have to understand setting the environment.

Have ye forgotten the Commitment Pattern (TM)?

Read "The Book of Mammon" It is rumoured they spend hundred million dollars a year on video programming. Why would they spend so much?

It is called Programming for a reason

It works on Alpha and Beta states, and my word, they know how it works.

So set the room. Recognise the same layout every time?

Multiple camera angles, pre-timed

Pre set cut aways. Cue the tears and tissues

Flunkies in the audience

Attractive people. Token non white

Set the environment, deliver the message. Vary tone and pitch, vary speed

You get it?

Its a ruse.

Now watch this. Just the first 30 seconds is all you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQi4FtsdDew

Did you see it?

Ladies and Gentlemen. You ask for a miracle, and I give you, the F.B. Holland

Stop! Go back and watch it. Freeze it at 24 seconds.

Yes, now it is clear. Cue the video of Michael the Devil in the video. High Def picture. Camera pulls back while zooms in. Slow mo the background. Massive impact. You are aware that THAT is the money shot moment of the entire Endowment Experience?

This is who these people are. It is a job. A career, a deception.

"I give that speech all the time"

Its why we all have stories about this awful GA who came out and ripped into us at that Zone Conference. (its ironic that the people they pick out to illustrate their "you aren't working hard enough" tirade is usually the guy who does work the most and that all missionaries recognise as the most staunch- but thats another story as to why they end up choosing them)

I'm not even going to comment on the appropriateness of his behaviour with a child. Others can do that, and it speaks for itself.

Just understand HeartSell (TM) please

Please understand it, and how it infuences those we are trying to recover from this sick, twisted, evil institution

HeartSell (TM) is our friend. HeartSell (TM) is the way to make those friends who we send 27 page long emails of all the proof and logic in the world and why we left, (who can only reply with 2 or 3 pages of poor apologetics- and end it with "I know its not perfect, but I felt something and I can't deny it") HeartSell (TM) is what is holding them in.

HeartSell (TM) is what is suppressing the Cog Diss and stopping them from being objective, and reconsidering those things they are putting on their shelf

HeartSell is their confirmation bias, but they don't know it

Agree with them!

Yes! you did feel something.

Then tell them this is what they felt.

http://www.bonneville.com/?nid=32

Then Mourn with them, and then tell them that when they leave the church, they don't leave Christ, but they find him.

They find him free from the dogma, and philosophy of man, the b/s culture that has evolved since 1830.

Tell them they can still come to Christ, and he will recognise that they made a covenant with them, he will recognise their lifelong committment, their baptism, their priesthood (which operates on the principle of faith)

I apologise to those trying to get a friend to go stone cold athiest, have you thought that is one step too far for now?

Offer to go to different churches with them..just to see how other people are experiencing and coming to christ.

Tell them they aren't leaving anything behind, arent walkig away from the gospel.

They aren't walking out on their family, Aren't going into the unknown. Tell them Christ is there and will walk with them every step of the way

He employs no servant at the gate. He is ok if we come unto him on his terms, free from all the years of nonsense, philosophy, culture, behaviour, man.

Please understand, its NOT the CES letter. Its NOT the Book of Abraham, the Rock in a Hat, the multiple first visions. Yes, eventually it will be, but they have to be ready to consider that first.

Fear has to be removed first. If they are firm Christians, the main fear is walking away from Christ and covenants.

Do you want them to tell their spouse "dear, I read this on line and I am struggling with it" (cue: Dear Other hears "I don't believe and this is b/s I'm probably going to leave you because our dealing is a load of bollocks" or they can say "Dear, I love the gospel so much, i'm trying to find a way to worship christ in a more authentic, simplified way. I feel usure as to what is from Christ and what is cultural in the ways I experience him, what do you think"

Its dealing with behavioural factors, bias's, dissonance, fear, guilt

So what is that HeartSell (TM) page?

Well, its in their own words (LDS Own Boneville)....

Quote .....

" Our unique strength is the ability to touch the hearts and minds of our audiences, evoking first feeling, then thought and, finally, action. We call this uniquely powerful brand of creative "HeartSell"® - strategic emotional advertising that stimulates response.

Our people not only create effective messages; we get them out effectively. We maintain an ongoing public service relationship with more than 11,000 radio and TV stations and networks, and cable networks and systems in North America alone. We distribute public service and paid media campaigns directly from our offices in Salt Lake City.

We provide all pre-production, production, and post-production services, as well as state-of-the-art special effects and post-production facilities, closed captioning, electronic tagging, and video and audio duplication.

We are an advertising agency engaged in communications for quality life. Our people are driven by the belief that advertising can - and should - be a powerful, positive influence on the values and lives of people."/....... end

They are all props, all actors.

Its a ruse. They are all self serving

None of this sh*t brings us closer to Christ

Disclaimer:

I apologise to professional sociologist and psychs. I am neither, just my observations and I am well sure I am wrong in some of this stuff.

I welcome someone offering their more learned and wisdomed insights and cleaning these ramblings up and saving me writing any more 27 page emails back and forth banging heads against walls.

There has to be a more efficient way than "If the church weren't true would you want to know/ how would you know"

It appears they don't respond to that and it is not a generic kick in the stomach we want them to feel

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.