Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 01:55AM

Did any of you notice that Bryson is crying BEFORE even ONE minute into the video? Is this moron so blind and stupid that he can't see how upsetting this is for Bryson? I hope this goes viral immediately.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:10AM

Yes, I think he is crying one minute into the video. I wrote on another thread that I believe the whole thing was staged, and I personally think that Bryson, who seemed so very shy and sweet, was asked and coerced in the mormon way, to "volunteer" for the part. As I said on the other post, I think it is an outrage that some thinking adult did not put a stop to the whole thing as that poor kid was so uncomfortable and frightened out of his mind.

I do think that we have the answer that at least all the mormons present for this film episode were....

So BRAINWASHED that they could not see that they had the responsibility TO RESCUE this child from this despicable situation. It nauseated me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 02:19AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:25AM

Jiminycricket, so glad that someone with computer know-how has put this video on their hard drive.

I know someone who is a child counselor and I am going to ask him to watch the movie and see if there are legal ramifications here. I feel terrible for that child and the video will haunt me.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 07:41AM

I'm not 100% sure either way, but I don't think this thing is necessarily staged. In my TBM days I saw this sort of thing happen all the time, so I find it believable that it could have been spontaneous.

Also, Apostles use the same stories and object lessons every time (they constantly travel around the world, so it's probably rare they teach the same person more than once in a short space of time), so Bednar has probably done this demonstration many times before imo.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:13AM

1. http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1137837
2. http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1138032

BEDNAR YOUTUBE VIDEO: "The Lord's Side of the Line" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4n3-j2PwU

<<<***UPDATE***>>>
I've copied this YouTube Video onto my hard-drive using 4KVideoDownloader. I've copied it in 6 resolutions:
❶ 1080p...(141.6 MB) high definition
❷ 720p.....(90.9 MB)
❸ 480p.....(39 MB)
❹ 360p.....(22.4 MB)
❺ 240p.....(10.4 MB)
❻ QCIF......(5.8 MB) low resolution

Once the video is saved it plays easily on Windows Media Player.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 06:30AM by jiminycricket.

Date: January 16, 2014 02:20AM

YOUTUBE VIEWS: (thanks to RFM getting the word out)

4,982 views -- As of Jan 15th at 5:30PM E.S.T.
5,713 views -- As of Jan 15th at 8:35PM E.S.T.
6,890 views -- As of Jan 16th at 2:20AM E.S.T.
7,291 views -- As of Jan 16th at 3:55AM E.S.T.
7,658 views -- As of Jan 16th at 5:55AM E.S.T.
8,027 views -- As of Jan 16th at 10:45AM E.S.T.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 10:45AM by jiminycricket.

Date: January 16, 2014 02:55AM

(1) Look at that horrible way the kid is being brainwashed! He's crying throughout out of fear, and the entire congregation looks at it smiling. Disgusting!

(2) Kids in the Mormon church are considered at the "age of accountability" at 8 years old. They are baptised, and expected to maintain lifelong covenants with god in regards to scripture study, tithing, chastity, the word of wisdom (no coffee, tea etc). Why are they expected to understand the weight of those, but not the "benefit" of scripture study?

(3) I'm surprised these comment aren't censored. The church is really good at controlling what is seen/heard/read. And changing its history... so enjoy this while it lasts.

(4) Brainwashed!

(5) Look at that horrible way the kid is being brainwashed! He's crying throughout out of fear, and the entire congregation looks at it smiling. Disgusting!

(6) Another religio[n]us that can't keep his hands off the boys!

(7) Imagine him doing that alone with the kid...lmao

(8) Child abuse. Plain and simple.

(9) For a church that teaches gays condition young boys, I wonder how they explain the physical conditioning that occurs at 3:24.

(10) I'm a happy, active member of the Church, but this is a surprisingly poor object lesson by Elder Bednar. That kid is terrified. Zero positive reinforcement.

(11) Mormon Apostle shows parents how to emotionally manipulate, humiliate, and then manhandle a child.

(12) I feel so bad for that little boy... :(

(13) Wow Deseret Book. The brainwashing of kids is sickening and horrible. Mormon 'apostles' and leaders are among the worst shamers and mind rapists of children ever.

(14) I can't believe the LDS Church posted this video! This is disgusting child abuse pain and simple. Look at the way that child is holding back tears! Also WHAT THE HELL was that "Trapped on the devil's side" embrace Bednar! As an ex-Mormon this makes me sick.

(15) Way to terrorize a small boy. And then invade his personal space at the end.

(16) Ritualistic child abuse, plain and simple. What's worse is that the Mormons in the room allowed it. They're all enablers.

(17) When he first embraced the sobbing, clearly upset young man on the other side of the line, I thought he was going to say that Christ can lift you out of that despair - but instead he went the other way and embodied Satan keeping him trapped. He then implied that on that side, he had no control. From a Christian perspective it is very remarkable that Apostle Bednar did not introduce the concept of the saving grace of Christ at all, but instead focused on the works of the young man being what keeps him on the Lord's side. This would seem to be an oversight for someone who is supposed to be a literal witness of Christ.

(18) Those tears did not look happy.

(19) Awful lesson!

(20) This poor kid is terrified. It's disgusting! "Servant of the Lord" my ass!

(21) Creepy.

(22) This is the WORST thing? Why is every adult in that room not grabbing that child and FLEEING from this room? How is not a single person in there not able to see the emotional abuse happening here?

(23) I was raised Mormon and I lived my life terrified Satan would get me and always felt not good enough because I didn't read my scriptures enough or do missionary work. I grew up and realized that I was a good kid growing up and only a cult would make me feel so much shame over things like scripture study.

(24) Why do you motivate a child by fear?

(25) Scared youngster is not a convenient stage prop or anything. People are not puppets. It is not a cult. Sign me up.

(26) So upset. Someone go down and stand by that child!

(27) Can't the moron see that the boy is crying? All that he taught this poor kid is to fear the moron church and to know how controlling it is. Who is this moron? The congregation is brainwashed because they are sitting there grinning/laughing like idiots. Moron adults watching the boy get brainwashed! Shame on you!

(28) This indoctrination SICKENS me! And the guy has NO RIGHT to be touching that boy like that! The LDS church should be ashamed of itself and the members should truly rethink what they're putting their children through. All those adults sitting there giggling and nodding their heads in agreement with Bednar's abusive tactics. FEAR TACTICS, MIND CONTROL AND EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION! What does that get you? Brain-dead little soldiers paying 10% to LDS, Inc. And you wonder why people "misguidedly" call you a cult. Luckily, this kid will have incredible access to the internet and complete truth and, hopefully, he'll use his brain to base his life on a little more logic than Joseph Smith sticking his head in his hat to defraud incredulous people with the Book of Mormon.

(29) Programming children into B&W thinking. Very mature, Mr. Bednar. How about teaching him to think for himself? The boy seemed to want to be told what is the right answer. He's a bit fearful, not just from the audience, but from the authority figure who is really treating the boy with weird underlying contempt. And then Bednar bear hugs him with a little too much closeness. That's just sick...

(30) Disgusting and absurd. What a horrible, nonsensical analogy.

(31) Shame the child -- watch the light go out of his eyes. Bednar should not do that without the prior consent of the parents. What's creepy is how the adults in the audience allow that to continue -- I would not. The lesson? Teach children to question mis-use of authority.

(32) Be nervous. Be very nervous. Someone go down and stand by that child!

(33) It’s fucking sick how these delusional Christian assholes abuse children.

(34) .... brainwashed by fear.

(35) That is fucken child abuse and why the hell did he have to push his crotch into the kids ass???

(36) Isn't the answer clear? It's for the purpose of religion or god! They are not the same thing. Isn't that sick? Not in the good way.

(37) These are the same fear and brainwashing tactics the Mormon cult used on me as a child. It's sickening. All the brainwashed adults sit on smiling, happy to be in the presence of a so called "Apostle". Makes me want to cry for this poor, innocent child. Also makes me want to punch that ass-clown Bednar in the face.

(38) Teaching with fear AND a MAJORLY inappropriate church-based hug at 3:25. How can anyone willingly choose to follow religion with this kind of fear-mongering?

(39) You can't just clump all religions together after one part of a church service. Plus, beside the awkward hug at the end, this wasn't meant to cause fear, I would definitely question his teaching regardless of awkward hugs if I really wanted too.

(40) The whole point of this lesson is to induce fear of Satan and "sin" That really is religions only real tool. Fear of hell/outer darkness, fear of not being with your family in the afterlife. Fear of eternal torture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 03:53AM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: cynth ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 04:00AM

and now 7,291 views, but no longer available on Deseret site?!? this is how they typically respond, a tin ear to ethics and moral code, but a massive response if "image" isn't ideal.

(aside but related: one of the craziest things in my childhood was the Mormon disconnect between stories of greatness and the real life the stories come from. Such a casual approach to accuracy and truth - I call it the Paul H. Dunn effect.)

Posted by: gentleben ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 09:21AM

It is still on the Deseret site, I don't think their process is agile enough to remove it so quickly.

http://seek.deseretbook.com/lord-s-side-line/i

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:14AM

I noticed that. It doesn't take rocket science to see he's a VERY sensitive child. Apparently Mr. rockhead had zero discernment.Can you imagine that sweet boy being grilled in a bishops interview? He's the kind of child that Moism destroys.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:30AM

I find this video abhorrant, vile, disgusting, a complete violation of this child's human rights, his boundaries, his psychic barrier.

The physical touching at the end was grotesque. It was beyond horrid. Bendar has NO right to touch this child like this and lie and tell him that if he dared step outside the church...he'd be out of control. He would be totally IN control if he lived off the rug!

At one time I was this child.....no longer.

Young man, I don't know who you are...but know this...I deeply care about your mind, your future and your life. And if I had been there, I would have stood up and fought for you. You are stronger than Bendar...you just don't know it yet.

Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 02:35AM

...Unless he dies an untimely death.

Date: January 16, 2014 02:47AM

presleynfactsrock - "I think it is an outrage that some thinking adult did not put a stop to the whole thing as that poor kid was so uncomfortable and frightened out of his mind." - There were NO thinking adults there. What thinking adult would go to hear this moron?
When you say you think it was staged, you don't mean Bryson (the kid) do you? He seems very real, not acting. You mean the other people there? Why would they stage something that could get them in such trouble in the hands of people like this board? Doesn't TSCC run from trouble at any cost?
I'm not saying you are wrong, I am just trying to figure out why and how they would stage this.
Where do you think this took place? Some place with tight security?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 02:49AM by verilyverily.

Date: January 16, 2014 03:10AM

Anyone of us would have stood up for Bryson and rescued him away from Bednar. Bryson was completely innocent -- so tender in his countenance. What an utter degenerate to use his Apostolic pompous-pedestal on such sweetness in an obscene object lesson that didn't include Jesus but invoked the wrath of the evil Devil.

Date: January 16, 2014 03:02AM

Fredoi - OK, thanks. Yes I see the phoniness of it. I wasn't sure that is what you were talking about. Holland is nothing if not phony. Every time I have seen him, he is VERY PHONY. Bednar is too. Bednar is also a child molester.

Sharpata - "...Unless he dies an untimely death." - there are so many shootings but never in the right place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 03:10AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: I saw the Holland video too ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 05:45AM

I can't believe how two faced he was. So openly. How brazen
What a liar.
Money, grubby, dirtbags

Posted by: FredOi ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 05:50AM

Can I offer some dots.
Bednar
Pickle
Sydney
Deseret
Sheri
Wendy
Russell
Tennants in common
Joint Tennants
Video
Set up
Studio
Directorships
money wash
Staged
Rug
Bonneville
HeartSell
(TM)
Big money
Family employment
Payday

Posted by: ratbert not logged in ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 03:36AM

Did anybody else notice?

"This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing."

Hmm, so it is censored in a way.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 07:56AM

Yeah, I noticed that. It's been there since I first viewed it (which was straight after the first thread was posted), so I reckon it's been there from the beginning.

It basically means you can't get to the video through a Youtube search, you can only get to it by a direct link.

The only annoying thing is the person who uploaded a video gets statistics about how many views come from each website. So sometime later today/tomorrow he'll get a load of statistics saying "1000 views form exmormon.org", "200 views from Facebook", etc. So it's only a matter of time before they find out the video is being discussed here. I've seen it discussed on other mormon-related websites too.

Date: January 16, 2014 03:36AM

I just noticed something else. When Bryson gets up to go to the rug (beckoned by Bednar), he leaves something on his chair which is gold. Do you think it is a book with gold leaf pages on the edges? If it is a BoM, his leaving it behind is symbolic. I hope he leaves it behind forever. I'm not saying he was doing this deliberately, but there is a portion of Bryson that wants to get out of TSCC. If there wasn't before this video, then there is now. He has seen how badly GAs behave while moron adults watch. Poor kid.

"This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing." - is that what unlisted means? Not to share? I don't know about these things. Why not share? I mean in general terms. They probably don't want this shared because of how stupid they look as moron adults, but in general an unlisted video is not to be shared?
Personally, I want this to be shared with the boy's face blurred. I want millions of people to see how awful this so called man of god acts as a child molester.
What is it about TSCC and molesting children? Their profits have serious issues with this don't they?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 03:47AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 06:27AM

or very many of the comments on my phone. What's this about unlisted?

That's intriguing. Is this not Deseret Book's promotional channel? Why would they upload the video if they don't want it widely shared?

Someone's gonna get in trouble, lol. Bednar will be upset about looking bad (even though he did it to himself), and the church PR team, and the kid's mom, for subjecting him to the mean anti-Mormons, and OMG.

Maybe the church legal team will get into it as well, considering the federal law about kids under 13 on the internets. What's it called ... COPPA? I wonder if it says anything that pertains to this situation. Putting a child under 13 in their promotional video, I mean. Surely they had everyone sign model releases.

Or maybe no one cares, seeing as how the video has been online since September 2012 and the NOMs were talking about it a year ago. I don't know if it's OK to link to the thread on their forum, but you can find it by googling "Bednar makes kids cry."

Anyway, verilyverily, I do know what "unlisted" means. It just means you don't want it searchable on the YouTubes or search engines. It makes it so you have to supply the link to people you want to watch the video.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 07:08AM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: BeePee ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 03:49AM

Yeah. I've just come home from work. What is this?. Bednar, or Elder Boner as my son calls him. What, hes jumped the rug really hasn't he.

When he started groping the boy (who had clearly been groomed by Deseret) I thought, what is this?

I felt icky, confused, scared.

I need to go and wash now.

I feel like when I watched that Don't Hug me I'm scared thing on U tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

About half way in. When it goes all crazy and the weird thing in the middle starts shaking and jumping on the spot.

Anyway, Elder Bonar's video reminded me of this thing.

Both have damaged me, potentially permanently.

I apologize in advance

Posted by: Geraldo ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 08:31AM

What. Have. You. Done. To. Me.
I hope they have your I.P.

You deserve to be punished for that.

I feel like I have lost something.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 05:34AM

since this is such a popular topic. I wondered about the larger event that this clip was taken from, and why Deseret Book. Apparently it's some kind of promotion for Bednar's book, "Act In Doctrine." Yes, even the title is insanely boring.

The description says it's about closing the gap between what we know and what we do. Ah, the ol' knowing-doing gap from my management consulting days ... god, is there no escape. Anyway, that helped the kid's question make sense, because I thought it was a weird question to begin with. You know you should read the scriptures every day, but how do you actually do it.

... Speaking of insanely boring. Who thinks kids really need to read scriptures? What kind of kid wants to? And who brings their kid to this type of event? It's weird that the kid is even there.

I tried to read the Bible and the Book of Mormon when I was a teenager, but I could never get past the first few pages. And I never felt like I *should* read them, or that I was doing anything wrong by not reading them.

Forty years later, I'm surprised that people still think this is a worthwhile activity, much less an essential one. It's certainly a weird and unreasonable expectation for a 12-year-old.

I keep comparing my son (now 24) and his little dude friends to the Mormon kids I see online, and I just can't even imagine.

Ya gotta wonder, too, about the other questions that weren't selected for the video, and who in their right mind would think this is a good one. Someone(s) at Deseret Book will soon be having a bad day, I expect. :)

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 06:11AM

I wouldn't allow my children to attend these sessions. They were called "Standards night" or sometimes "Firesides" on Sundays. Parents were not invited. In the old days, when I had spunk, and if that little boy were my son, I would have stepped in and physically taken that man's hands off my boy, and said, "This is what parents are for. This boy is not alone." (I'm a female) Some large, intimidating men came into my house to drag my youngest son to "standards night." He had told them on the phone several times that he was not going--I heard the conversations--but they said they were coming to get him anyway. My son started to cry, and said, "Please don't make me go!" One of my other kids opened the door to these men, and they walked right into our living room, and chased my son into the kitchen, and had grabbed him, before I was on that guy like a guard dog. My anger gave me courage, and I told them to never manhandle my children like that. My older boy heard the scuffle, and he came into the kitchen yelling, "You are trespassing. Get out of our house." Even then, the men said they were taking my son with them. I said, "You have no authority in this house! I am his parent, and head of the household, and I'm telling all of you that my son is to stay here and finish his homework! School and family are more important than you activity. Now, leave, before I call my brothers.

What kind of sick organization man-handles and forces children to attend their boring, degrading, soul-less meetings? A cult, that's what.

Oooooo this makes me mad. That poor little boy! That man was physically exerting his power over the boy--which was the real message. The power of the church, not the power of his sins.

Posted by: noromsfool ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 10:56AM

untouchable

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 07:52AM

Mormons insist they are not a cult, but they continue to demostrate that they are.

Posted by: angelgirl ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 08:39AM

Wow!!! The funny thing is that he is supposed to be an Apostle of TSCTC and not once does he mention Jesus Christ. Not only that, did you take notice how he doesn't even tell this young boy that many times in his life, he is going to step in the " unsafe side of the carpet because he is human? He does not tell him that when he makes mistakes, he has a Savior who forgives him. Nope. He gives the impression that if he steps over the line there is no way back.This type of false teaching does damage on so many levels. This kid is being told to be perfect. The problem is that he is human and cant be perfect. And because he can't ever be as good as he is told he must be ( BTW....He is told this by Hypocrites) he will find himself conflicted and always trying to reach perfection, or he will have to pretend he is. This clip made my stomach turn.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 08:27AM

Adult perpetrated Mental Abuse at it's worse!

You don't have to be trained psychologist to see this damage!

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 08:39AM

I think it was totally planned, the rug was there for a reason. It is creepy, and Bryson crying was heart wrenching, but to many TBMs it just made the whole thing 'super spririchul'

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 09:48AM

Bednar is creepy.

TBM's won't find anything wrong with this at all.

It's all about saving this kid from Satan and his Demons etc.

JW's don't think anything bad about letting kids die over refusal of a blood transfusion if critically needed.

Muslim fundamentalists proudly hang explosive vests on some kids and the kids even look happy.

I can remember a sister so called missionary of mine saying the Gospel is like walking up an escalator that's heading down, once you stop walking the stairs (presumably going to church, reading scriptures, praying, CTR'ing etc) they soon bring you down.

There was another one about a train out of control/running your kid over or something and your choice of what you would do ( a test or something) but I forgot how that one went.

Serious playing with peoples minds.

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 09:48AM

Is this kind of physical and emotional manipulation of children allowed in American society? I think their would be big trouble ahead for the church if Bednar or any of his kind tried this dangerous stuff in the UK!

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 11:04AM

I saw the first few with no sound whilst I put in my head phones. I thought what is this some kink of apostolic game show? I expected to hear some kind of cheery music with an announcer introducing him, ".....hhhEeeeeeeeeees BEDNAR!!" Then watching that was weird. I noticed the kid was crying. I heard sniffles and saw the strained look on his face. I thought it was nerves, and a classy thing BEDNAR could have done was give him a moment to catch his breath and calm down. The format is strange to see. "Apostles" are guys that stand behind podiums and write articles for the Enzym. Seeing him in the center of a room and so casual was strange for me. Tscc is not good at presenting themselves outside of the conference format.

Shame on them for what they did to the kid. Total mind funke.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.