Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 08:56AM

So I suggest we dress up a dead Mormon like Bozo the Clown or a KISS performer. Then laugh about it since none of it matters.

Mormons would be outraged. Why? Their excuse would be that they requested the green apron-baker hat outfit.

Once people are dead they lose their rights. But in civilized societies, many still respect the stated wishes of the dead.

Mormons don't because they dead dunk non-mos, exmos, and any other name they can get their hands on. Doesn't matter that the dead wouldn't have wanted that done. Mormons need to keep the temples operational and have a way to extort tithes from the believers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 09:01AM

They don't respect the wishes of the living.
Everyone an interchangeable part, to be manipulated into conformity to what is best for the cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 03:03PM by zenjamin.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 09:03AM

If they don't respect the wishes of the living, why would they respect the dead. Good point.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 09:08AM

I wish they'd baptize every single human being alive/Dead...
They are wasting their time..Not yours....
And... what can be a wish of a dead? Can dead person wish anything?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 09:12AM by quinlansolo.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 01:20PM

They just don't respect. They don't respect personal boundaries, wishes of the dying, political processes, laws, other religious beliefs, but why should they?

Following their prophet requires strict adherence to Mormon details and there just isn't enough time, patience, or mental powers/energy to engage one in so much tolerance and sensitivity towards others not wanting to put shoulders to their wheels.

Where their recommend meats their road is where their iron rod comes out. And I've been beaten enough with that rod to know better than to get in the way of their prophet's agenda!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 01:21PM by Pagag.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 03:00PM

I have a great aunt, deceased, who more than once declared that she wanted nothing to do with Mormonism.
Contrary to here wishes she was posthumously baptised by proxy by one of my children.
This is an atrocity.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 03:18PM

Proxy baptism is all the evidence I need to conclude that Mormons do not respect the religious choices of others - living or dead.

I tell Mormons that if they feel compelled to do something for me after my death, go to the cemetary with a can of spray paint and deface my headstone. I would prefer it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 03:19PM by caedmon.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 04:23PM

I agree that Mormons don't respect the dead, or the wishes of their families with proxy baptisms. I would even say that the idea of dressing people in those temple clothes is also disrespectful in my opinion, as people are brainwashed to consider that acceptable funeral clothing.

Posted by: LOLILOL ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 04:29PM

Oh the Mormons would love baptizing another Jew (Gene Simmons and/or Paul Stanley) when they die. Hey Gene would fit in. He doesn't drink or smoke or do drugs, & he's into making as much money as he can.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.