Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 10:56AM

"Good Morning

" . . . I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning reading about your trials with the Church. My wife and I have recently quit drinking the Kool-Aid and it feels so much better. No quilt, etc. We are . . . living in [a heavily-populated Mormon area] so we are not out of the closet, but hopefully someday.

"I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how inspiring your experience was for me."
_____

My reply:

" . . . . [T]hanks for your kind words. . . . [C]ongrats on your lifestyle change. Best to you and your wife as you transition from Kool-Aid to Sam Adams. :)"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 10:57AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 11:14AM

Great stuff, always good to know another couple/family are on the way out.

Seems to be getting all too common these days, more and more seeing through the sham.

I still find it hard to believe I did two years attending everything as an investigator. It's only because I was quite serious about finding the 'truth' that I didn't get baptised until I could say I believed or I know with a clear conscience and it never came. Google didn't help or helped depending which way you look at it. lol

Posted by: BirdUncaged ( )
Date: January 16, 2014 11:40AM

I think we have no idea of the depth of people's dissatisfaction with the church. Here...I am anonymously out of the closet. Here I can say what I only have whispered to select people.

But my husband, once adamant, is now listening, skeptically, but listening. This is a change. And a BIG one. Partly because I've talked openly to 2 church leaders locally, and they agree with my points of concern. I talked with an extended family member a few days ago, after admitting my questions, this person (very active) began listing a NUMBER of people in our family questioning. All trying to doubt their doubts while teaching early morning seminary/gospel doctrine/relief society president/being bishop.

The discord runs deep through a lot of church-going, high tithing paying members. It's hard to leave it all behind when it is all the "truth" you have been fed from birth (or chose with that prideful courage smart people have when joining later in life). But people are discovering...and the time is coming for the thinking members when, one by one they fall like dominos, each pushing over the next. And then the non-thinking followers will (perhaps) finally hear us.

You know, I wonder if this isn't part of the reason missionaries are now 18 and 19... Because, with earlier marriage and quickly having babies, getting an education will be that much harder. Too much education, too much thinking, kills testimonies. Better to keep everyone dumbed down, sacrificing even their very lives for the cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.