Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 04:01AM

I'm sure they have them over there in the Utah prisons. They probably go to church together. What would their crimes be? Do they wear mormon themed tattoos? Do they have secret handshakes and stuff? What about a prison heirarchy system? And do they stay in contact after their prison terms?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 04:04AM

that might make an interesting Vice documentary.

Posted by: friday ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 05:39AM

LOL, the thought makes me giggle. Mormon Prison gang.....? Likely, they'd be in prison just for Having tattoos and Showing them off inside Starbucks or for Masturbating in the privacy of their own bathroom. Or could they be in Prison for simply have a friend who supports SSM?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 07:44AM

I think he means mormons who got themselves put into prison, who come together to form their own click inside the walls. In order to survive, they'd have to do all the same things all the other prison gangs do.

Off the top of my head, I would see most Mormons joining groups that already exist. Since so many of them are white and delightsome, they would probably gravitate towards white power groups.

I have seen a special of Gang Life, about Salt Lake City Polynesian gangs. The show made it seem like nearly every one of them was proud to also call himself a Mormon, though they admitted they had trouble following the teachings of Joseph Smith, on drinking and sex. The examples of Joseph Smith on the other hand, they were doing an excellent job of emulating those. I have a strange feeling, that if there is an afterlife, old Horny Joe is smiling upon them as the only guys who truly get the true spirit of Mormonism.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 06:00AM

Tithing evasion?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 06:07AM

You're describing Elders' Quorum and High Priests Group.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 07:31AM

What a great question! I also want to know about Mormon prison gangs and agree that Vice would do the best job. Do they have a tip line or suggestion thingy? Do it, do it, do it.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 07:55AM

BTW, you know the church automatically excommunicates you when you go to prison. To me, this doesn't matter, because if a person believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the BoM is true, then he is a Mormon, just like if she believes these things are all BS lies, she is not. Faith is a construct of your personal beliefs, not what one some file in a Mormon office building says.

So we are left with the strange situation, where the church counts millions of non-believing, non-church attending people as members, but refuses to acknowledge the membership of tens of thousands of TBMs who are in prison. Talk about hypocrisy.

(P.S.) if you ever get locked up, the correct answer when they ask you your faith, is Orthodox Jew. Doesn't matter if you have twenty swastikas, and are the leader of the local Aryan Nation, you just had a magical conversion in the back of the police car. The reason this is the right answer, is because you get feed the kosher meal, which is normally better quality food.
http://www.jewishpress.com/news/goy-prisoners-suddenly-become-jewish-for-kosher-food/2013/02/26/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 07:59AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 10:51AM

You never know what you'll learn here that could come in handy some day.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 10:56AM

Interesting. I have repeatedly heard the same about airline food, especially on long, international flights: Always ask for the kosher meal.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 12:48PM

but that doesn't make them not Mormon and there have to be some guys who keep the faith. I'll bet there's some really weird Mormon group stuff going on at Point of the Mountain.

Posted by: LOLILOL ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 02:37PM

These kids I grew up with, their dad was convicted of child molestation, and he wasn't exed.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 10:38AM

Does holding your arm to the square prevent being shanked?

If you are wearing garmies?

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 02:04PM

I thought that BYU's Bronco Mendenhall WAS the bishop at point of the mountain prison.
He bussed his football players out to give a fast and testimony meeting and to humiliate the team player that was in "trouble" whatever that is by BYU standards. Oh, yea, I think he drank a beer.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 17, 2014 02:08PM

If you're in a Maricopa County prison, do you have to wear bright pink garmies?

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 12:39PM

Posted by: Lois Lane ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 12:41PM

Historically speaking, I believe many Mormons, including church leaders (Lorenzo Snow?) were inprisoned for polygamy.

I don't know if they had to serve on chain gangs or not.

Pre-manifesto, they would not have been excommunicated.

Lois

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.