Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Krampus! ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 12:28AM

The last Facebook words of the mother in law, Marie King, the afternoon before the shooting, "no woman has ever shot a man while washing the dishes."

https://www.facebook.com/marie.king.12?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=28387824&nid=148&title=5-people-found-dead-in-apparent-quadruple-murder-suicide-&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1

Maybe she is the real shooter, and her son-in-law simply failed to wash the dishes. Moral of the story guys: just wash the damn dishes

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 18, 2014 01:20AM

Or Josh took it as a threat and shot her in anger. Marie seems to have been on the internet all day, everday, based on her facebook posts. on top of other stressors, Josh might have been pissed with her for being a liability on the family, shot her, and then ended the rest of their lives as an escape. Who knows.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 01:23AM

you would really have to be unhappy to shoot kids though. I can't even fathom shooting a kid and thinking it was in their best interest.

Date: January 18, 2014 01:30AM

the mother and daughter look like they are from England. Perhaps moving to the US was a serious stressor on top of other mental disorders for the mother-in-law who is dependent upon her children and being shut-in all of the time.

Posted by: Cactus Jim ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 01:32AM

Her FB page, she was very beautiful and lively looking. The kids looked great. All I can say is what an asshole.

Date: January 18, 2014 01:46AM

I dont really judge a person that kills their children. Something simply couldnt be right in the mind. I remember when I was in the military in Germany I had a mental breakdown because a combination of getting a divorce, PTSD, work stress, and dealing with asperger like traits while in the military. I didnt do anything to anyone, But I ended up sharing a mental ward with a soldier's spouse and mother who had attempted to drown her children. My heart went out to her as we spoke of our lives in group therapy. Hers were nearly unspeakable for her to bear sharing.

Date: January 18, 2014 01:48AM

I'm not judging them either, I just can't imagine actually shooting a child and then being able to shoot another child right after. Something was obviously wrong and I feel bad for the family that's left behind.

Date: January 18, 2014 02:01AM

Not that it applies specifically to this instance, but from what the mother that I had met in the mental home described the event in which she had tried to drown her children, that it felt like an out of body experiance, or rather a dream-like state in which she didnt feel that she had control over herself. One may reach a point in which stress is so high that the subconscious takes over as a survival mechanism. The subconscious percieves the children as being a life threatening liability to the mother. In that case, it would be concieved in the mind, more rational to kill the offspring and survive to bear more children when a more stable environment is available. It would be like a mother cat kolling its own kittens.

f

Date: January 18, 2014 02:16AM

after the the killing, the mother regains normal self awareness. She is overcome by grief and guilt, and then kills herself. It may possibly happen in other kinds of murder-suicides.

Date: January 18, 2014 02:29AM

I can see that happening. I would want to kill my self too after killing my kids!

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 08:26AM

I've heard it said before that when men believe that their presence is absolutely essential to their family, tnat their wife and kids will be helpless and poverty stricken in a harsh and dangerous world, that if they become suicidal, they are at high risk of killing tbeir families as part of their suicide. They become convinced that that the world is so bad, that their children are better off dead than suffering in the cruel world without a father-protector. The risk is ramped up when the father believes in an afterlife. He sees killing his loved ones as a final kindness he can do for them, and a sacrifice he makes on their behalf (sending them to a paradise) at cost to himself (eternal punishment for killing).

Posted by: The other Sofia ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 02:28PM

They don't appear to be Mormon, at least not active.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 18, 2014 03:22PM

Life was pretty horrible at the time. I was very calm and 'calculated' about what I was thinking. I saw it as the only way out. Luckily, I couldn't kill my children, so I stuck around, too, as I wouldn't leave them here without me. I never talked to anyone about it. Then some months later, I casually mentioned it to my sister. Blew everyone's mind that they were completely unaware of what I was thinking.

I felt like others have posted above--I saw life as a horrible thing and I couldn't protect my kids from even their own father leaving us. I wanted to save my kids from any more pain than they had already experienced. My life was just full of PAIN. I had no hope. I really thought I could save them from this horrible world I'd brought them into.

The thing that is shocking to me--is this has happened twice in one week here in Utah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2014 03:23PM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.