Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: the full English ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 06:39PM

We don't do Valentine's much, nor do we do much on the birthday front. Or Mothers' Day. Or Fathers' Day. Or Labor Day. Or Guy Fawkes Day. Or German Reunification Day.

Anyway, I've been trying to crank it up a bit because our relationship got strained when I quit the church a couple of years ago. So I've been trying to be more romantic over the last while and actually spend some cash money for good gifts. I got DW a nice set of expensive ear rings (by that I mean $100 or more--not HUGEly expensive), and she really liked them. I went off to work, and when I got back she gave me a nice decorated gift back of kitchen stuff (a hobby cook, I am) and *a $15 Starbucks gift card!* Is this progress? Acceptance? I hope so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 07:00PM

your TBM wife bought you a Starbucks gift card? I'd say that's more than just acceptance-- and definitely progress. Keep cranking it up, looks like it's working. :0)

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 07:20PM

not a thing wrong with that! May the romance continue!

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: February 16, 2011 12:29PM

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 07:24PM

Well done my friend. Keep it up, it is worth it!

Posted by: mormon411 ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 08:00PM

At one point, I almost had my TBM wife convinced to buy me a subscription to Playboy for my birthday!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 10:44PM

...that it's been so long since she's been paid any attention? Maybe you think you're taking your cues from her--as men like to claim they're doing, "oh, she's aloof and not talking to me, she wants to be left alone." Sounds to me like she's taking her cues from you--"oh gosh, he's paying me some attention, maybe he does want to be with me." Sometimes a woman just needs to feel wanted.

Of COURSE the Starbucks card is progress. I'll bet she knows you love coffee--probably grind your own beans and hate Folgers. If anything it says, "if I can accept some of what I consider your flaws, can you accept some of mine? Can you just act like you want to be around me?"

And then again, I may not have a clue what I'm talking about. But I probably do.

Posted by: dowahdiddy ( )
Date: February 15, 2011 11:12PM

Rad! 15 bucks is like 2 drinks, so maybe you can invite her with you too? Get a muffin and a frap? Ease her into it?

Posted by: neworder63 ( )
Date: February 16, 2011 06:41AM

sex is a good gift on valentines' day

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: February 16, 2011 11:45AM

I give my wife and girls Valentine's gifts, then I anxiously await White Day in March for my gift(s).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.