Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stiffnekid ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 01:08AM

She better get some of what I got here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 09:44AM

They have a child together and yet my guess would be their dates so far have been "chaste".

At their age, normal people would just decide to live together and see how it goes.

But of course, Marie can't do that if she is tbm

Most of the problems in her life seem to stem from being LDS

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:08AM

I am not TBM, in fact I have resigned officially, but can't do that either, because my 5 TBM kids would never speak to me again- setting such a bad example for all of my grandkids, the oldest turning 15 today. I know what would happen.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:24AM

I thought the same thing back in the 90's when I got into a rebound marriage after my divorce. I felt like I had to be married to the guy so that my kids wouldn't think I was a bad role model. Well, It was a big mistake.

My kids have come to realize that their mother needs and deserves to have someone in her life and if that includes intimacy, then so be it. I'm engaged and living with a man and have been doing so for several months. They know I'm happy, and what they tell their children is up to them. I have certainly not been kept out of their lives because of my living arrangement.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 01:00PM

When my kids have walked in my shoes, let them decide what I can and can't do with my life.

And I must add--if we keep trying to please our kids, it will never work. If it wasn't mormonism, it would be something else. At some point, I had to decide to live my life by my own truth--just like I give them the right to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 01:02PM by cl2.

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 09:54AM

And she is the person who "introduced" me to Mormonism all those decades ago when I was like 10 years old.

I have been fascinated ever since.

I really pity this mess of a woman. What a disaster.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 10:07AM

But you would think that she'd have figured this out before they got as far along as marriage plans.

Posted by: stiffnekid ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 10:20AM

U gotta give her a break here. Playing house has enough of its own pitfalls. Just ask Judge Judy. She still invited for some a dis what I got if she need an out. ;)

Posted by: hotwaterblue ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 10:25AM

She's been in the backseat with him and was reminded how pitiful he performs. Pretty simple.

Posted by: Shiner Bock ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:16AM

“Marie’s children fear she’s heading for an emotional breakdown now that Stephen is out of her life. Everyone hopes she’ll come around before it’s too late and she loses Stephen forever.”

Here comes her 19th nervous breakdown!

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:37AM

Who's Marie Osmond??

j/k

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:48AM

Oh, she's TBM to the core: can't sustain a marriage because she has a career (such as it is) but can't not be married. What a disaster of an example of any kind of womanhood!

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:58PM

Who is she currently sealed to and how many temple dissolutions has she had. Yea, Marie. Finally a woman got to practice serial polyandry. The last I've ever read about (in stuff from the Tanner's) was Emma. Way to go!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 01:31AM

Marie Osmond is living proof that Mormonism changes nothing. She has the same heartaches and setbacks as everyone else. I can understand why she wanted to re-kindle an old love. That thought crosses all of our minds at some time. Her religion is of no help, which makes me believe it is useless.

Posted by: Render Unto Monson ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 06:25AM

What do you mean her religion is useless? Getting 10% of her gross income is very useful to Monson :)

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 06:33AM

That whole family is flaky but hell so are the Jacksons.

Posted by: winnie ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 11:10AM

This is all so funny to me because I remember what a big deal the church made over her first wedding. I think a GA did it, temple of course, for time and all eternity. Such a publicity stunt. And it all fell apart, like the rest of Moism. I'm sorry for her, being raised in it, but by now she should have figured out the truth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.