Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:43PM

My wife just told me one of her friends brothers convert a person over in the Middle East to Christianity from Islam and now he is scheduled to be executed for converting.

You know, for all the problems we have with the Church, all the issues, and the history, no one has threatened to execute me for disagreeing with them (yet).

I don't know if the church WOULD kill exmembers or apostates if they could. I think if BY was in charge he would be more than happy too. I think some members if they could WOULD.

But it doesn't permeate the LDS Faith. Members are taught 'tolerance' or at least give lip service to it.

I think of the two, Islam is the much bigger evil. We are just more familiar because we have lived through our evil.

Can you imagine how many of us may have been killed if we were former Muslims, or in REAL hiding. My LIFE doesn't feel threatened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:59PM

There is also an Afghani Red Cross worker who is set to be executed soon in Afghanistan for converting to Christianity, and a pastor in Iran on death row for the same thing. Very sad. :-(

Occasionally, worldwide attention focused on such cases will result in the convert/apostate from Islam not being executed (as in the case of Abdul Rahman some years ago in Afghanistan, who was finally allowed to seek asylum in Italy). Unfortunately, though, the media generally seem reluctant to report on most of these cases, perhaps out of fear of looking "anti-Islam." I hope your wife's friend's brother will not be killed in the end.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:59PM

I agree with all you said, I usually do. However, when I was "Active", I knew some who would do whatever the "profit" said. It may be that it just hasn't been said, yet.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 12:21AM

Maybe your wife's friend could try contacting Human Rights Watch on behalf of her brother?

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 12:55AM

Posted by: xr ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 01:15AM

I'm sure Brother Brigham would've salivated at the opportunity of setting up a theocracy such that he could have put to death those who speak against his cult.
God knows there are rumours that such murders did occur during his reign.
Not to mention his Blood Atonement doctrine, which was practiced at the time.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 01:31AM

Are you familiar with Mountain Meadows Massacre?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.