Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 03:15PM

Just to show you that it can all be good in the end... what would you think if someone posted that they (ex-mo) finally left the church and ... are now living together with an ex-JW? I'd say "out of the pan into the fire" or something.

Well, that's what I'm up to. LOL Shila and I have been together for four years now, 2.5 living under the same roof. We built a new house last year and love it.

Just think of the dynamic. She thinks mormonism is nuts, I think JW's are nuts..but... neither one of us gives a rat's rectum. I'm in awe that I joined the church, she's in awe that she ever believed the 2nd coming was scheduled for 1975. Wrecked our lives those two religions.

Ya see? You CAN make it through and live a happy life. We're both scarred a bit, but we're normal (well, at least Shila is), happy and thriving. Y'all know I come in here and jack around more than I should, but I have to tell you I'm really thankful that I made it out the other end of the tunnel with a few brain cells left.

If I've learned anything after 22 years in the morg and the past 13(?) out, it's that you just can't take yourself too seriously and you have to forgive yourself for being a gullible moron and be able to laugh at yourself without regret nor humiliation.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MorganLasser ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 05:02PM

Can't imagine. My BIL married a JW.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 10:43PM

including appreciating a relationship safe from the controlling demands of either church.

Glad you two found one another!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 21, 2011 10:47PM

I'm glad you've found happiness on the other end of all the insanity.

My boyfriend and I were just talking the other night about this--as we each have 2 kids in their 20s who are "struggling." We decided in your 50s is the age you finally come full circle. We dated when he was 24 and I was 20--and I rejected him for not being mormon . . .

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: February 22, 2011 12:40AM

You can forgive yourself for many things...it's allowed no matter what.

Glad it's working for you.

stormy

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: February 22, 2011 09:43AM

Good on y'all.

I dated a True Believing JW for about a year and it was a horrible disaster. I think the only way it could work is if both parties have left their respective cults.

Good luck to you both!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.