Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 12:37PM

Did anyone see the blog on CNN today about Warren Jeffs? Apparently he is back running his kingdom from his jail cell in Texas, and I read that his conviction of "Rape as an accomplice" was overturned. What is up with that? So, he fired the current mayor of Hilldale, and also ousted 30 others, to include Willie Jessop. He is apparently running his kingdom through the mail. Any thoughts on this??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 12:46PM

The work of gawd and his prophets will roll on unimpeded.

Posted by: Emmas flaming sword ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 01:14PM

Joe never gave up power just because he was in jail. God doesn't care about a pesky old jail sentance.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 03:00PM

How true. From Liberty Jail he issued a revelation that was basically a confession of exercising unrighteous dominion which was supposed to end the priesthood of that man. When taken to Carthage Jail he tried to fight his way out with a gun. Some people just don't know when to quit.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 01:16PM

I wonder how this whole thing is going to go down. My understanding is that when the man is kicked out, his wives and children are reassigned to another 'worthy' penisholder.

I think this is going to be big. I don't think these big wigs are going to give up their harems without a fight. Pass the popcorn.... it's gonna be fun to watch.

Posted by: Ronnie B. ( )
Date: September 22, 2011 11:20PM

Wonder what will happen to Carolyn's daughter Betty as a result of Merril's expulsion from the FLDS? I wish someone would say something about this.

Posted by: Friend of a Mo ( )
Date: September 22, 2011 11:52PM

Ronnie B. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder what will happen to Carolyn's daughter
> Betty as a result of Merril's expulsion from the
> FLDS? I wish someone would say something about
> this.

Carolyn was on Anderson Cooper's new daytime talk show today and she said she's very worried about Betty. That she "disappeared" (she believes they have her hidden somewhere) in I think she said November and Carolyn as not been able to find her. So it was discussed on national TV today. She also said that Jeffs is still in control from jail.

Posted by: Ronnie B ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 02:49PM

I wonder if the expulsion of Merrill from the FLDS was only in name. From what I saw in news reports covering his trial, Merrill Jessop still believes in FLDS teachings and some members still act friendly toward him. From what I have read, the expulsion was mainly for the purpose of not having to pay for his defense. Very little has actually been written about Merrill's expulsion, even Carolyn has been rather silent on it. I know that Faunita and Barbara have died, that Ruth has been sent away and Carolyn escaped, leaving only Cathleen and Tammy from the wives that Merrill had before Carolyn left in 2003. With Merrill's role as Carolyn's former husband and one-time head of the YFZ Ranch, I'm surprised that little was published about his expulsion.

Date: February 24, 2011 02:57PM

I would expect that the next step will be the promulgation of around 5 new "revelations" and the establishment of another 5 "one and only true churches." In Latin America they love to revolt, in mormondom they love to schism.

Date: February 24, 2011 03:01PM

Willie ain't gonna take this lying down. Will he found a new church or blood-atone Warren?

Posted by: SD ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 04:03PM

He be in Texas now, Bubba. He's fixing to get himself a good old dose of Southern Justice

Posted by: amos ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 06:37PM

...and NPR used the correct name of the church from the style-guide "Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints".

Hmmm...when you say it that way instead of FLDS, there's even LESS distance between them!

I was still TBM back in 2007 when the FLDS hit the news full-on. Even then the church's we-have-nothing-to-do-with-them PR didn't seem sincere to me. I knew full well that the church still has doctrinal provisions for polygyny, still has scriptures specifying that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David were commanded to do it, and that there's a CLOSE phylogenic relationship between the main LDS church and its' splinter groups, and that the polygamous cults of the west are the MOST recent branches! Unlike the RLDS and others whos platform was to split from polygamy, the FLDS have decades more-recent roots in the full-on open polygyny of the main church in Utah...in other words...the main church F'ing started all this!
The main church IS related to this, and they KNOW it. Their public denial of any relationship is disingenuous. They deserve not being able to shake the polygamy sterotype. They say that critics are defining the church unfairly, but how's it not fair? The church doesn't come clean with their "issues". They just play the ol' we-quit-that-over-100-years-ago card, and the them-aint-us card.

The main church still has strings attached to polygamy, namely the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the temple ceremony.

My point being, no Mormon should be so naive and so surpised as the polygamy sterotype continues.

Posted by: php ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 08:14PM

What!...I distinctly remember a youtube video of his confession. He said he was no longer and never was a true prophet. (The funny part was he got this information in a "revelation" on camera!)

Vid here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fePt8-VndY

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 24, 2011 09:58PM

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 04:05PM

...is that these so-called wives are SO submissive to "authority" that they let some bozo that calls himself a prophet arbitrarily take them from their "husband" and "assign" them to live with and sleep with some other guy like they're playin a Sims game!

Anyone EVER tried to take my mom away from my dad or vice versa would find theirselves facing down two stink-eyed, mean-faced, glaring, crotchety, arthritic-but-adamant old people, each carrying some sort of lethal weaponry in one hand and an industrial-sized can o' whup-@$$ in the other!!!

Love,
Reggie
The StalkerDog™ who loves his peoples.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 05:50PM

I am at a loss as to how anyone would tolerate having someone else order them to leave his or her spouse, or to leave his or her spouse for another spouse.

My parents and other family members would have laughed and shown that pompous twit the door. But then again, my family puts marriage and family welfare well ahead of any religion.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 04:08PM

What was overturned was Jeff's conviction for assisting in the marriage of Elissa Wall in utah. Since Jeff was convicted in Texas and would never get out of prison, Utah did not seek to go back to trial.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 05:53PM

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 07:10PM

would loose his mail and "oh Gosh golly heck, the computers are down again" if he gets access.

Doesn't say visitors and lawyers won't pass on stuff though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.