Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: student ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 09:54PM

This is news only in Provo. Dillwads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stop Immorality in Basketball ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 11:47PM

I bet if Bishop Rood was in charge of the Honor Code office he'd kick off every BYU basketball player who masturbates.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 12:23AM

If the athletes were willing to share their partners he might let them off on the honor code violation. Then having had his way with the women, he would have them all excommunicated.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 09:56PM

This makes BYU and the Church look STUPID and BAD...not Davies.

The rest of the college world is again laughing at the Lard's University.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 09:57PM

Well there you go.

Ridiculous.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 10:02PM

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 10:05PM

From that article:

"Provo • A source with close connections to the program has confirmed that BYU star Brandon Davies was dismissed from the Cougars’ nationally ranked basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations with his girlfriend, a violation of the school’s honor code."

Who ratted who out??

Come on if you're going to consent to this by both parties...at BYU...then both parties should LIE about it to the school/bishop..

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 09:03AM

nonmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Who ratted who out??
>

Girl felt guilty, went to bishop, bishop goes to Nazi honors office, the rest is history I'll bet.

That's how soul crushing guilt for being a normal human being works in the church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 09:04AM by DNA.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 10:05PM

A grown man had sex with his girlfriend and was thrown off a top ranked college basketball team. This couldn't have waited a month or two? Seriously? Either someone is a public relations moron or someone seriously thinks that people will admire these high standards. I think they look like idiots. And I'm used to this kind of nonsense, having attended BYU myself. Man, I hope the media picks up on this one.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 10:19PM

Again, the world will be laughing at BYU-the behind the times university of prudes. It was probably a girlfrined of the girl who ratted them out. Afterall she wants some praise from the priesthood for "doing the right thing". BARF!

Posted by: SithLordDaddy ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 11:26PM

I'm all for higher standards when it comes to representing college athletes (I'm from Arkansas - just LOOK at the nonsense the Razorback players get in every. single. year.)

But he's an adult with an adult girlfriend - eventually they'll end up "doing" it. Here's hoping the media rips on BYU for being uptight prudes!!

honestone said: "Probably a girlfriend of the girl" - I bet you're right. Someone was probably waiting around for their missionary man to come back from the field and got miffed their friend got noogie.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 11:51PM

I was just so sure it involved infanticide.

Posted by: SithLordDaddy ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 12:09AM

really?!? I thought for sure it involved sodomy and Starbucks!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 01:25AM

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 04:43AM

... some time ago (to my astonishment!):

COFFEE ENEMAS !

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 12:19AM

At least TBMs can be relieved he isn't gay.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 12:24AM

Nah, they would PREFER he be gay, as long as he was celibate. Truth is, because someone told, they have to take action. Someone didn't honor the hypocritical oath.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 12:25AM

Poor Davies.

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 01:39AM

Wow. This is just messed up. It is like not being able to partake of the sacrament in front of everyone, but several times worse than that. All of these reports about what he did and about the "honor code"... You would think he killed someone, when all he did was have sex. Something that college students do all the time all over the world, even at BYU.

Posted by: apikoros ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 01:40AM

Poor kid is now finding out that the screwing he got was not worth the screwing he is now getting... disqualified from a mission, 'damaged goods' in every sense of the word [from a Mormon viewpoint], a 'hissing and a byword' among BYU fans forever.

I really feel for him, even as I secretly rejoice that the obnoxious prospect of a championship for BYU is now in serious jeopardy.

Posted by: rj ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 01:45AM

Well said apikoros, glad you don't agree with some here that insist the school has the right to demonize him for having sex due to the fact that he signed a paper granting them said right in order to be admitted.

Posted by: SocialMo ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 04:19AM

This is just so...sad. This young man is shamefaced, sad, feeling terrible...having to face his family and...for what!?!?!? Having sex!? CRAZY.

Let's all hope that this makes other BYU basketball players step up and confess to sex too. I bet you wouldn't even have a team left lol.

Posted by: Heathjh ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 05:01AM

Have some other school show him he isn't the scum of the earth that BYU thinks he is. It would be do great if he becomes the star of some other school team. Hopefully we will see him here sometime soon.

And I bet his girlfriend felt guilty and confessed. Notice how the school found out about it on Monday. Yep, I bet she went into the bishop on Sunday. I doubt he would because of what he had to loose in doing so. And I bet all she just got a little slap on the wrist and can't take the sacrament for a month.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 05:52AM

Because pretty much every other college coach in the country will be trying to get through to him.

Posted by: Searching27 ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 08:56AM

"way to go byu for holding up on ethics!"

Barf... who the f cares if this guy, who is an adult, has sex with his girlfriend? idiot cult

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.