Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: September 21, 2010 10:20PM

This is my occasional shout out to try to find folks from Nebraska at RfM.

Any Nebraskans out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 01:40AM

Panhandle checking in

Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 09:42AM

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 11:21AM

I was born in Omaha in 1945, but didn't like it and moved after six months never to return. Passed through there in 1970 hitch hiking. I didn't stop, it was 3 AM.

Posted by: noncompete ( )
Date: September 22, 2010 11:38PM

I'm a recent transplant from Utard!

Posted by: maeve ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 11:31AM

We moved here about 3 months ago. Hubby (noncompete), me, and 2 of our kids.

Football in Nebraska is certainly on a whole different level than football in Utah. It's almost a religion here.

To quote my high school aged son, "It's nice that neighborhood, school and church are 3 different groups."

Date: September 23, 2010 12:18PM

Yes, Cornhusker fans are (I suspect) like Sooner fans in Oklahoma or Tide fans in Alabama. They have no pro football teams to cheer for, so there is no divided loyalty. That, and the fact that the Cornhuskers had years of success also helps.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:12AM

I was on my way to the Badlands and Mount Rushmore and didn't want to take I-25. Interesting country. Certainly different from Colorado.

I spent all summer making hay stacks of round bales and I get to Nebraska and S. Dakota and see endless fields of round bales waiting to be stacked. I should have brought my hay stacking truck. I could have made a fortune hauling bales and stacking them.

I'd probably still be there now and we could meet for a drink.

Date: September 23, 2010 12:22PM

I'm in Hastings. One panhandle, and a SW Iowa, and one family who didn't mention a location.

I think it would be nice to get together, even if just briefly for dinner or something. Distance is clearly an issue, depending on definitions, the "panhandle" and "SW Iowa" could easily be 400 miles away from one another, so even finding a "middle ground" means people driving three or four hours each way.

So, I'm open to suggestions. I get to Lincoln occasionally, and would certainly be willing to go as far as Lincoln (east) or North Platte (west) for a meet up. In the right circumstances I could be willing to go even further.

So, what think ye, fellow Nebraskans (and SW Iowans)?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.