Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Flat Lander ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 12:38PM

There is an interesting article in the Huffington Post about the COJCOLDS PR campaign and resignations from COJCOLDS. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fred-karger/mormon-church-tries-to-re_b_739652.html

This article will generate at least some national attention for ExMormons as well as for mostly negative press for COJCOLDS. This will be a good time to speak up, on YouTube, on blogs, and in other places about the "Joy of Being ExMo."

The originator of the "Hi, I'm Robert and I'm and ExMormon" YouTube video has started a thread at PostMo encouraging all ExMos to make similar videos. I think that is a great idea. (Obviously I already made a slightly offbeat one: Mormons are Normal and Mainstream, and Chad Hardy made one about his life in Southern California.)

ExMormons are a vibrant and diverse community and making YouTube videos is a fairly easy and very inexpensive way for us to make the powerful statement that we are not a bunch of losers and whiners waiting around to go to hell now that we're out of COJCOLDS.

So, please, consider making a YouTube video along the lines of "Hi, I'm John/Jane, and I'm an ExMormon." It doesn't have to have high production values. You don't have to be beautiful. You don't have to be "unique." Just show that you are a regular, happy guy or gal, living life, getting on with things and being OUT of Mormonism works for you.

If we can get several of these up in the next few days, people might just be talking about them as they go to General Conference. If we can get a bunch of them up in the next two weeks, then LOTS of people will be talking about them at the ExMo Conference from Oct 15-17.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fubeca ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 02:37PM

I disagree. I like the MoTab for what it is. A huge choir with a strong religious purpose of spreading the news of Mormonism. Personally, it brings back good memories to listen to them. I like the Christmas music especially. I actually don't like them when they stray from religious hymns and try to sing Broadway tunes or something like that. I can't stand that.

I also have a good in the choir right now. He is one of the finest LDS people I know...not self-righteous, totally accepting of me and my apostate gayness.

I think it's a lot of older former BYU Young Ambassador, Ballroom Dancer, or Folk Dance Group type of performers who have real talent and like preforming as a group and are return missionaries. I suspect a lot of them are my "family" if you know what I mean.

They do what they do well. You know, not everything LDS has to be bad in order to justify our leaving...

Posted by: Fubeca ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 02:38PM

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 06:33PM

Flat Lander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is an interesting article in the Huffington
> Post about the COJCOLDS PR campaign and
> resignations from COJCOLDS.
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fred-karger/mormon-c
> hurch-tries-to-re_b_739652.html

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 06:40PM

The comments were delicious

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.