Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 10:22PM

Ken posted part of a letter of a previous CES colleague who broke the news of Ken's exit from Mormonism to one of Ken's high school seminary students:

"I asked if he had heard any news about you? No.... "Brother Clark has left the church," I said this reluctantly and with much reservation. He was sure I was lying. "No!" he said matter-of-factly. Yes. "There is NO WAY.... Not Brother Clark!!!" I think I saw a glimpse of how the heavens wept over the Son of the Morning. He was devastated in body and spirit. XXXXX left the game without returning to play. When I saw him next he said that he had read your paper and was still in shock. His question to me was, How? I had nothing to say... I still don't. How could a pursuit of intellectual freedom and expression replace a burning testimony regardless of the unanswered and seemingly contradictory historical questions? I still don't get it. I really have tried to get it."

The former seminary student asked "How?" and the CES TBM "had nothing to say." What about this to say, "here is Ken's email, why don't you email him and ask him. I'm sure he could explain it much better than I could."

Mormons constantly repeat the mantra "If you want to know about Mormonism, ask a Mormon" (even though GBH wouldn't give a straight answer and Robert Millet teaches to "answer the question they should have asked"). But TBMs just won't ask us why we left. They will preach to us about it, they will call us to repentance, they will drop little hints here, express sadness, disappointment, etc. But they don't want to sit down and hear our side of things.

Here the question is asked "How?" The clear-cut, OBVIOUS response to that would be, "Ask him yourself."

But that one seems to be never considered.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.