Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 09:25AM

I was inspired by the thread here: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,5032

Something I've thought a bit about is how self-serving it is for mormons to claim our apostasy is fulfillment of scripture/apostolic creed that we are under the grip of the adversary in our undying need to kick against those f-ing pricks.

----------------

Open Letter to Corporation Church HQ.

Re: Why we can't leave it alone--it ain't about prophecy.

I realize that you and many leaders of the Mormon Corporation Church see my leaving it and continued venting against it as evidence for testimony building. That I was one of "the very elect" that was deceived in the last days. That as Neil Maxwell said, "defectors leave the church, but they cannot leave it alone" I am fulfilling a latter-day "apostle" prophecy on apostasy.

What would it take for me to leave it alone? If the Corporation Church would leave my family be, if it would cease its controlling, manipulative fear-based leverage on my loved ones, I would most definitely leave it alone. But the carrot and stick schtick is the core of its so-called "plan of salvation". Fantasy of eternal reward or trembling of losing one's family in the hear-after do well to keep family in the hear-n-now aligned to the Corporation Church's primal plan of financial salvation. So I realize that they are not going to let my family go without a fight, which is why I continue to vent truths against it.

Admitting truth would give me leave. Perhaps if the Corporation Church would own up to its own history, failings and mistakes, then I could leave it alone. If it admitted that Joseph Smith didn't actually translate the papyri claimed as the Book of Abraham. If it openly admitted that he polygamously married already married women and underage teens. If it admitted that there are no such things as Lamanites, exactly as the DNA evidence tells us. If it admitted that Brigham Young orchestrated the biggest massacre of anglo-saxen men and execution of women and children in the United States. If it admitted that it changed temple vengeance oaths against the murderers of Smith boys, and the death oaths of revealing them. If it openly discussed so many other issues surrounding historical embarrassments like the many versions of the first vision, revisions of racist scripture in the Book of Mormon and so forth. If if if. If only it would do this, then I believe I could leave it alone, as my family would leave it.

But we know it will not do this. So you feel smug that I fulfill the creed that I can't leave it alone. Or as Smith ironically put it, "kicking against the pricks" (pricks that were meant to control and dominate dumb ox). You probably see these statements as inspired prophecy about apostates. But Smith and Maxwell know it is a common reaction of all those who learn they have been taken in a scam. Bernie Madoff, Abagnale, and Ponzi also wanted --probably pleaded-- to be left alone when their accusers testified against their crimes of bilking millions or billions out of misled clients. These crimes were about promises of wealth based on utter lies. The government could prosecute them because they could verify the lies. The Corporation Church is much better than them because it uses promises that can't be proven wrong in this life. But their haul of billions is as much or more wealth than Madoff's short-lived haul. Smith had angered many over the loss of very small fortunes with the Kirtland bank frauds. The Corporation Church continues to do it carefully with tithing, media companies, cattle ranches and the greater than three billion dollar city creek mall. These kind of financial shenanigans are more a fulfillment of the "Madoff-Maxwell Principle"™: Greed in corporations and churches causes continued anger by those robbed. At least in Madoff's case, his victims were able to put a stop to it and see him off to jail. That probably quieted them considerably.

So in the interest of compromise, I will let the Corporation Church off easy. I want my family back, I want the truth announced openly, but if they will not do these, the least they can do is to refund all my donations, totaling over six-figures. If the eternal multilevel scheme is about serving God, then what do they need apostate money for anyway? I'll take it as hush money. And it's such an infintesimal amount out of the tens of billions owned by the Corporation Church that it would be well spent.

Send the check to me at:
Jesus Smith
123 Main st
City, State

Regards,
Apostate J.S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 09:30AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 11:51AM by Stray Mutt.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 11:41AM

Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: September 30, 2010 10:51AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.