Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:23PM

Just returned from the store yesterday where Mom bought a lot of new underwear. It is all so pretty and actually fits her, unlike her Mormon garments. She had such fun that we are now looking through some catalogs to find more. Now there is absolutely NOBODY in my family wearing the nasty Mormon garments. Free at last. Yahoo !!

(just had to share my joy) : )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:25PM

That is SO AWESOME!

I wish I could have the same joy!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:30PM

Good news!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:45PM

The single most liberating activity after leaving the LDS church.

So very glad you guys are enjoying it.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:47PM

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 03:54PM

People not familiar with garmies really can't understand. We were told to wear them 24/7, that they would protect us against Satan, and other such rot. We dutifully wore them. Then when we ditch them and go out and CHOOSE our OWN underwear, we announce it to the exmo world and everyone cheers for us! LOL! Other people would think we were nuts for getting so excited over buying undies.

Woohoo for your mom! Freedom indeed!

TG

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 12:14AM

Don't you feel like a grownup when you choose your own undies and not leave it to a church to tell you what you are required to wear??! :-)

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 01:49AM

The most liberating thing I've ever done! Thrown away those awful.ugly garments. And I have so much more space in my drawer for grown up undies! I still have to wash and fold my dh's though. Depressing.

Posted by: Terrestrial Trilobite ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 01:51AM

Freedom from the compulsory, non-functional garments is a beautiful thing. I'd be willing to wear a skullcap if God really needed reassurance. Just let me dress in a functional, comfortable way.

I wouldn't be surprised if the GA's have a wide variety of garment exemptions for themselves, not available to lower members because they just don't "understand."

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 03:25AM

Women are the ones who have the most problems with them.

The reason Victoria's Secret is so successful, is that they know that fun underwear raises women's self esteem.

Old sedentary guys with poor circulation need garments to keep them warm in their cushy air-conditioned offices.

Garments don't suit anyone else: women, pregnant women, hot women, over-heated tropical women, anyone who is active and athletic, sexy people, people who are fanatics about cleanliness and good hygiene, etc.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 03:35AM

I really wish my DW would ditch the garments. She looks pretty good even after 2 children. The church has her so messed up though, she says she feels like a slut when she wears sexy lingerie.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 04:35AM

I'm sorry, Misfit. I LOVED sexy underwear (I'm not a good size for sexy right now, but they sure aren't garments!)--but I had a roommmate who worked for ZCMI and she got me hooked on sexy underwear and pjs and slips. I sure missed them when I got married.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 09:00AM

One of my sisters told me how she never felt like a woman when she wore garments. She's the beauty of my family and I was so happy when she threw those things out. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be in the desert heat in those things.

Me, I never wore them. I just couldn't picture myself in garments and I wanted to dress sexy, not old-maidy, at age of 18.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.