Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eddie ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 10:29AM

Anti-Social Personality Disorder, sometimes referred to psychopathy in the vernacular, appears to be quite rare in the population. It also seems to be rare among Mormons. There is a lady in my ward who fits the definition of the disorder quite well.

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;
8. promiscuity;
9. having shallow or seemingly nonexistent feelings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

In pondering how LDS doctrine would condemn this woman it occurred to me that it would not. In fact the god she worships is even worse...much, much worse.

The (mythical) god I used to worship fits the definition on the following points (I am sure I missed many):

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
- The universal deluge, the earth swallowing up the revelers at the time of the Golden Calf, killing Egypt's first born, drowning Pharaoh's armies, burning the priests of Baal, ordering and facilitating the genocide in the land of Canaan, numerous famines.

2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
- Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse less I curse you with a curse such as famines and burning you at Christ's second coming.

3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
- The impulsive killings of millions in the Old Testament

4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
- The universal deluge, the earth swallowing up the revelers at the time of the Golden Calf, killing Egypt's first born, drowning Pharaoh's armies, burning the priests of Baal, ordering and facilitating the genocide in the land of Canaan, numerous famines.

5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
- http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html
I do not think I need to say more.

6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
- He frequently fails to make good on blessings promised to his children. Humankind must continually beg for what they need.

7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;
- He always rationalizes his behavior as being justified because the "wicked" or those "who would not worship him" deserved to be drowned, massacred by his followers, burned, or starved.

8. promiscuity;
- Indirectly through the commandments concerning polygamy and also through his multiple wives.

9. having shallow or seemingly nonexistent feelings.
- Given the millions of murders attributed to him over the centuries (i.e. drowning almost all of his children, genocide of the Canaanites) and his continued claims of being loving it would appear that he has nonexistent feelings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.