Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 12:48PM

So, one of my friends did the whole "donate your status" to HRC on fb yesterday, calling for equal rights for gays. Unbelievably, her mom replied with this:

"We love everyone, like Elder Boyd K Packer said in GC. No one should be discriminated against. Did you see his talk? It was excellent on the subject."

Bwahahahahahaha! Wow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 12:50PM

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 01:08PM

I've talked with several TBMS who just won't even recognize the points many of us try to make.

For example. One FB friend posted an article on the number of young people offing themselves because of the absolute rejection and condemnation from Dick Heads like Packer. The TBMs snap into testimony mode and start claiming that we are trying to fight against the kingdom of God or trying to deny the right of free speech to church leaders...blah blah blah..

Me: So you are OK with young, gay people killing themselves?

Them: What are you talking about?

Me: Did you read the article?

Them: What article?

Me: Have a nice day.

Stunted.

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 01:49PM

They are under commandment fro mthe Mormon God to not speak evil of the Lord's annointed. This includes Packer.

No matter what harm Packer does with his degrading speech, TBM's are required to sustain him in his evil-speaking.

Remember, when the prophet(s) speak, the thinking has been done! Packer said so.

Date: October 12, 2010 02:01PM

Great stuff, Stunted.

How is DW? Miss seeing you, buddy.

Adam

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 05:19PM

We actually had a discussion about all this the other night. It was a bit one sided for most of it. All she can say is "I see things differently". She is very reluctant to actually express any opinion at all, but just repeats: We see things differently.

Any change in your situation?

Stunted

Date: October 12, 2010 11:58PM

She opted to file for divorce, and now it is over. Now we are friendly, and both dedicated to the boy. Oh, well. Some folks just can't overcome fear of losing the CK.

For my part, I am happier now with an honest life.

Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 07:12PM

I would love to have a link to that article, if possible.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 01:28PM

That's like saying that Murder is just an extroverted suicide.

Poor murderer, he must've felt so sad. Golly, let's try to learn a lesson on tolerance and kindness from his selfless act of multiple butchery and burying the bodies in his basement.

Oh, and while we're at it, let's give him a hug. Poor thing, he must've been so scared when the dogs smelled the children under the floor.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 02:25PM

"freedom is slavery" (Mo interpreation: too much agency is a bad thing)
"ignorance is strength" (Mo: faith is a virtue)
"war is peace" (Nephi: one man must die so that a nation won't perish)
prejudice is tolerance (Boyd K Packer: a loving sky daddy didn't create you that way, why would he do that?)

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 05:26PM

It's the one announcing the nonexistent event so they can gush about Mormon bigots.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=157010880987998

They're saying to keep an open mind and what a message of love Packer's talk was. It's unbelievable.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 13, 2010 04:18AM

Who are Julie Terry and Stephanie Brown?

Posted by: Seattle exmo ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 07:51PM

Do you find it all interesting that he is persisent in attacking homosexuality and defining marraige as between one man and one woman, when the Mormon church practiced polygammy? He says in his own sermon that God's laws do not change. Apparently though, it's ok not to practice God's laws if the United States government bans polygammy? People took a vote to ban polygammy, and the Church eventually wanting the protection of the US government conformed to its laws. Sounds like legal relativism. Hmmm....

Date: October 12, 2010 11:59PM

Posted by: chiefluma ( )
Date: October 13, 2010 02:17AM

The PR group at the LDSinc. is working overtime trying to to get out of this one, oops.... they are sayng inside the LDS P.R. room "Packer screwd up again, how are we going to fix this talk"

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12795071

Packer has no idea its the new age! I think Packer (and no joke here!)

I THINK PACKER IS STILL LIVING IN THE 70'S, OR HE THINKS ITS THE 70'S !! lol

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.