Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ugh! ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 01:30AM

Can't find it now, but I just watched a clip of the "SisterWives" where Kody, the husband, said, "they REWARD you with more wives if you do it well". How sick is this! The MEN know what's going on here, even if the women DON'T want to know the truth. The poor women work SO hard to make this whole thing work, while the husband is having the time of his life "collecting" wives. SICK! The quote below came off another blurb about the family:

"Really it's the domestic minutiae that makes "Sister Wives" worth watching: the food supply, the house floor plan, the division of labor, the minor spats. Details jump out at you; small subtextual clues that the show doesn't stop to explore. For example, the wives drive hulking SUVs or minivans, but what does Kody drive? A sporty, two-door Lexus coupe, with no room for a child's car seat. In a way, that's all you really need to know about this family."

This is all SO psychologically damaging to the females, & yet they are SO far in over their heads with their desire to please their imaginary Deity, they give up their dignity & their chance at happiness with a loving, devoted spouse. I hate MORONism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 01:59AM

I just keep repeating that Kody totally creeps me out. I watched the episode tonight where they were picking out Robyn's wedding dress. They all gathered in front of the camera to talk about their efforts when BAM! Kody suddenly announces HE picked out the dress for Robyn. The other wives were soooo pissed. He went on this drivel about how he has the right to be involved in picking out the dress, blah blah blah, and the third wife said he never cared what she was dressed like for their wedding and stormed off the set.

When she returned she apologized to HIM for not being more patient. GAG??

The guy is totally clueless about the pain his 'lifestyle' has and will always inflict on the people around him. He may say he loves his other wives but he's totally smitten with the new girl and its having the same effect on their dynamics as though he was having an affair. They all say it'll be better after she's married in but I doubt it. To bad it's the last episode and there's no promise to air more. I wanted to see more about how the dynamics would work with the fourth wife around.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 12:04PM

vhainya Wrote: [in part]
-------------------------------------------------------

\
> [Kody] is totally clueless about the pain his
> 'lifestyle' has and will always inflict on the
> people around him. He may say he loves his other
> wives but he's totally smitten with the new girl
> and its having the same effect on their dynamics
> as though he was having an affair. They all say
> it'll be better after she's married in but I doubt
> it. To bad it's the last episode and there's no
> promise to air more. I wanted to see more about
> how the dynamics would work with the fourth wife
> around.

You are so right,vhainya. Kody hasn't had any new tail in 16 years and despite all his posturing that he loves all 3 wives equally, you can *tell* he is chomping at the bit to get to his new, young filly. He is restraining himself for the sake of the camera. One wife (#3 Christine, I think) was terribly upset that Kody kissed Robyn before marriage.

And that petty nonsense about picking Robyn's wedding dress. First she invites the 3 wives to shop with her but cannot decide on a dress. Later we learn that *Kody* has secretly selected Robyn's dress and wife #3, Christine, is all upset again. Sometimes they act like junior high prima donnas.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 02:14AM

He told her he didn't like how she cooked eggs the first time she was cooking for him? In my world that's pretty bad manners. If someone else is doing the cooking, barring some real food allergy, you eat it with a smile and some gratitude. "Christine will show you how to cook my eggs."

I'm a man and I took that as a slap in the face. I can't believe he got away with speaking to someone that way. How about "This is how I do it." Then invite her to relax while you cook her something, after you cram down what she cooked.

It seems small in comparison with everything else they have going on but damn. Not cool.

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 02:01PM

No kidding.

I know it's "just" eggs, but it's like saying, "Nope, we don't want you to add your own personal style to the family. You need to learn how things are done around here."

I think Robyn is headed for a huge crash.

Posted by: martinf ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 04:29AM

If an alien lifeform in a passing spaceship intercepted the transmission of Sister Wives, he/she/it would conclude life on earth is disgusting and certainly not intellectually advanced.

Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 11:41AM

By far the worst part of this show was watching the young children play with a doll house that had four mommies and one daddy. They fought over who got to play with daddy. When I looked at those little girls, it made my heart hurt.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 12:08PM

So others picked up on his cool car and the vans and suburbans.

Why did the 4th wife need a fancy wedding if the 2nd and 3rd didn't? I didn't get that either.

I was telling my nonmo boyfriend I was watching it last night and he asked why. I think it is like watching a train wreck. You just can't take your eyes off it. I can't figure out WHY and I'm sure it also has the intrigue that this is what we were in for should we stay in mormonism.

The thing that drives me nuts about Kody is that he acts like he is still in high school. Lose the hairdo. He doesn't act very mature at all--

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 01:57PM

That's been my question. Did he say he was in some kind of sales? He must be doing well with all those cars -- and not inexpensive ones at that! And the large house, etc. Trip to Mexico, the wedding which although not extravagent was certainly not cheap. I realize there is lots of money from the show, but the cars & house had to come before the show.

Just wonderin'

Date: October 18, 2010 02:10PM

I think he just did the show to pay for an big wedding, then didn't even let them film it. :(

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 02:13PM

I'm guessing that the 4th got a better wedding BECAUSE of the show. If you are trying to put your poligy lifestile into a better light, you need to make it seem more "romantic" to outside viewers.

Date: October 18, 2010 02:18PM

He views the new wife like candy. It's like a husband buying jewelry and expensive gifts for a mistress to impress her while his wife gets left out...Oh, wait that's exactly what this is!

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 09:38PM

I was the best man at my friends wedding reception and he grew up in the UAB. It was a lot like SLC mormon receptions. Very simple and not very fancy. The most memorable moment was when I met Uncle Les. He was married to twin sisters. Very pretty twin sisters. I also went to a lot of social type activities as well.

And to tell you the truth, if memory serves, they don't look any more stressed or unhappy than their snowite mormon counterparts. Much of the marital stress and unhappiness that I observed was due to the man being a pompous priesthood wielding ass just like in the more popular brand of mormonism.

As I understand it, the UAB has been searching for years for a way to push a case to the SCOTUS so god can finally undue the injustices levied by the previous court.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.