Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: barristiababe ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 11:37PM

Just wondering???

I read a bit about black history and the LDS church and I have some questions.

If black people didn;t have full rights in the LDS church unitl a couple of years ago, and couldn't have a proper place in heaven because they were black and had to enter as servants..

Than the church changed it's mind ad then they were allowed full rights and they could now go to heaven properly.

My questions are
1. What happened to the blacks who were already in heaven, did the new rules suddenly apply to them in heaven?

2. If a black couple could not have a temple marriage, how did the woman get to heaven?

3. If black people were the servents in heaven, and then were allowed to have full rights, who are they using as servants now?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Uncle Max ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 11:48PM

They just pull it out of their ar**s - like Joe, they make it up as they go along, changing as and when convenient.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 11:48PM

barristiababe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wondering???
>
> I read a bit about black history and the LDS
> church and I have some questions.
>
> If black people didn;t have full rights in the LDS
> church unitl a couple of years ago, and couldn't
> have a proper place in heaven because they were
> black and had to enter as servants..
>
> Than the church changed it's mind ad then they
> were allowed full rights and they could now go to
> heaven properly.
>
> My questions are
> 1. What happened to the blacks who were already in
> heaven, did the new rules suddenly apply to them
> in heaven?
>
Yes, I think Mormons would agree with that.

> 2. If a black couple could not have a temple
> marriage, how did the woman get to heaven?
>
Mormons believe in more than one level of heaven. Only the top heaven is off limits with out a temple marriage.

> 3. If black people were the servents in heaven,
> and then were allowed to have full rights, who are
> they using as servants now?

Just because black people were believed to be servants in heaven, it does not mean only blacks were believed to be servants. Anyone who does not obtain the highest kingdom will be servants according to Mormon doctrine.

>
> Thanks

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:15AM

> Just because black people were believed to be
> servants in heaven, it does not mean only blacks
> were believed to be servants. Anyone who does not
> obtain the highest kingdom will be servants
> according to Mormon doctrine.
>
> >
> > Thanks

This is not correct Helamon. It was specifically taught that even if Blacks qualified for the CK, they would only be there as servants.

That is the distinction - a Black person can make it to the CK but only as a servant.

I believe this is what the OP was talking about. Not those who didn't attain the CK. Correct me if I'm wrong OP.

I don't have answers to any of your questions. I personally believe it's all BS and they just make it up as they go along to fit the times (even if the church trails decades behind normal society).

I am half Black so I have to admit that my discovery of the racist doctrines (and lack of much needed clarification on them by the church) was my #1 reason for leaving.

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:46AM

I am caucasian and the thing that led me into investigating the history of the church, was when my brother sent me a pm regarding blacks being used as tithing during Brigham Young's time.

To find out the servants bit was just far to much on top of everything else. I could hardly believe that Joseph Smith was having slaves sealed to him to be his servants in the CK, but it is true. What a perversion...

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 01:07AM

Although I gotta honk my horn at my ol' buddy "Imaworkin'" above for a really good answer...

Most of the atheists here will say, "Don't worry about the answers to that one; there's no such thing as heaven."

Many others will probably nod and answer how questions like the ones you asked are why the are here...

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:57AM

Because perfect people clean up after THEMSELVES.

(And there will be tons of extra women there, anyway, just in case).

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 01:31AM

Keeping in mind that it is all BS anyway:

1.Black people already in heaven would now be eligible to have their temple work done posthumously, and thus would be able to reach the CK.

2. Black women could not make it to the CK prior to 1978 (although one black sister was sealed to JS for eternity as a servant). After 1978, they can have the necessary ordinances done - see #1.

3. The servants now will be those who were otherwise righteous enough to reach the CK, but who did not enter into the New and Everlasting Covenant (of marriage).

DISCLAIMER: The above should not be interpreted as official Mormon doctrine as official Mormon doctrine is extremely difficult to identify as it is very elusive, kept carefully concealed, and subject to change without prior notice through the medium of modern revelation (with the assistance of public relations firms, member surveys, and focus groups).
Thank you. That is all.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 01:52AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.