Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chasing Daisies ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 03:37AM

Mormons worry about some weird things. I often take my kids to church (not Mormon anymore thank goodness) in a stroller. I know of several parents who do. Why on earth would it be considered odd???? I've never even thought about it before reading this thread:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a24731175/ot_strollers_during_church?cpg=1&csi=2227369886&pd=-1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 11:24AM

If "everyone is doing it" then it's OK - If it's something different, then you are just rendered unsure, insecure, don't know where to turn. OK, I'm being a bit sarcastic here but in general, it's true. When you can't think for yourself because you've been taught for years to obey, not to be internally motivated, then even the smallest decisions are a trial. You have to look around and see what others are doing to decide if something is OK. You can't just ... DECIDE for yourself. That's what's going on here. That strollers are good or bad is beside the point. It's whether or not the are OK that is the question.

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 11:26AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.