Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this ya'll ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 11:58PM

I'm sorry if this has been posted already or is out of line with the rules, if so please see fit to use your admin powers to remove me from here.

Regardless, I'd like to point out this "event" page on Facebook that I kept getting a ton of invites from from Mormon relatives.

Be warned, ye who enter: A lot of gushing testimony "I KNOW this church is TRUE" commentary, as well as a lot of, well, really silly comments from the other side. It seems like anyone who wants to really discuss something get's told that they are just there to "bash" the church and those people don't seem to stay around after being told so, among other things.

Basically, it's a huge, perpetual argument, in real time, and it's freaking chaos. And now for the link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=157010880987998

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:02AM

To me it shows a lack of support for BKP. As you said, you were getting tons of invites from your LDS friends. Well, with all that they can't seem to get past 35,000 "attending" two weeks down the road. Gays got 150,000 letters critical of BKP in just 9 days.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:11AM

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:40AM

What really bugged me about the whole face book dialogue is that joker kept talking about ALL THE MONEY the lds church spends on everyone.(yes,right) Yes,they do send money and supplies after a disaster. But compared to how much money the lds church pulls in,it's a drop in the bucket. I tried to explain this to my tbm adult daughter-she either didn'ts get it or didn't believe. I used an example: Church A brings in $5,000. a year from it's members. They give $250 to charity. Church B brings in 100 gazillion an they give 1 million. So who is the most charitible? Mormons sure like to pat themselves on the back and think they are THE MAN!

Posted by: anon for this ya'll ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 08:33PM

Looks like it's gone now?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.