Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo Mom ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 12:43PM

Lots of online missionaries out there these days.

It looks like they get RMs after their missions to become online ones, such as this:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Olson/100001542691838#!/profile.php?id=100001579897942

Is it a paid position or volunteer? wondering

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jobim ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 01:48PM

I logged onto the lds.org chat a few times this week, just to see what's up. I found out that there are RMs who are payed to do it, and there also full-time online mishies. The one I talked to moved from Colorado to Provo as a missionary, exclusively to sit on the computer all day long, chatting with people. He told me he doesn`t have to go door to door. There was also one girl who told me she was in New Zealand on her mission, doing part-time online work.

This was actually the first time I talked to "real" mormons, and it was kind of scary... except for one of the guys, who was cool about some of my "difficult" questions, the others went on rambling about how their church is the only one with true authority from God, etc etc. The girl was the most brainwashed of all... really scary.

Posted by: hellsophie ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 02:23PM

Those poor online mishies. Lately, they've been under troll attack, probably from the hive mind of anonymous or some such. Last time I tried to chat with an online missionary I logged in, waited ten minutes for someone to chat, and then got told that if I had a serious question about the Church that was fine, but if I was planning to ask about magnets and how they work, I should just leave. Heh.

Last I checked my IP was banned, so I never did get to find out about those effing magnets, or the D&C 132, or the BoA.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 03:16PM

Magnets?

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 03:15PM

How do you find out if your IP is banned? And magnets?

Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 03:18PM

I wish I could have done all of my tracting online.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.