Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Virg ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 12:15PM

New Jersey or New York? Are there fewer exmo's on the east coast? lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Changed Man ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 12:36PM

I'll be moving to NJ in a couple of months. It's nice that chapels are few and far between.

Date: October 26, 2010 01:05PM

Yup that is very true. My closest chapel is at leas 10 miles away. My "home" stake covers 5 counties.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 03:20PM

only Ny or NJ??? Hmmmpf!! well i never!! i am on TWO East coasts.... the East coast of the U.S. AND the East coast of Florida!!! SO THERE!! :)

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 03:25PM

Don't forget being close to the republic of Key West! I think I recall from your birthday post a while ago that you are in the south dade area, because you mentioned going to one of the mexican places south of homestead for your birthday (don't ask me how or why I remember these things.)

Date: October 26, 2010 03:46PM

DANG THAT IS A GOOD MEMORY!! Key West is to the southwest of Miami... it is only like 150 miles but it takes about 3 hours or so.... haven't been there in a REALLY long time..... i never can get past the Tiki Bar on Holiday Isle!! rumrunners and honees!! :)
YUMMY!!

Date: October 26, 2010 03:51PM

Yeah, my memory is freaky like that. It's part photographic and part... I don't know. It's possibly the most useless talent anyone could have. I have yet to see a job ad for a good rememberer, or an America's Next Top Memory competition...

I actually grew up in Kendall, then moved to the south west coast (Naples) for a few years in my 20's, before leaving the state permanently. I've only been to Key West a handful of times, though I went to the Tiki Bar many times (including Sr. Skip Day when I was in high school). Probably for the same reason. Once you've seen the sights in Key West, why drive an extra 3 hours when you can just go to the Tiki Bar!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 07:28PM by wittyname.

Date: October 26, 2010 03:58PM

OMG!! thats it EXACTLY!! (TIKI BAR)... i go down to Key Largo a bit.... i sell to Key Largo Fisheries and get Shrimp and KEY LIME PIE from them!!! the best PIE is Keys Fisheries!!! Key largo Fisheries sells the pies at their place!! YUMMY!!

Date: October 26, 2010 07:27PM

Is Key Fisheries that small shack (or it used to be a small shack in the late 80's, early 90's) on the way down to the Tiki Bar, it's not quite in Key Largo, maybe 15 to 20 miles north? I remember that place, everyone would go down there to pick up pie or pick it up for others on their way back from the keys. They had the best key lime pie. I actually have not had key lime pie since I left the south fl, because theirs was the only one I liked.

Oh, the memories. Sometimes, when I think about it, I really miss Miami, but I'll bet it's nothing like it used to be (I left in 2001).

Date: October 27, 2010 10:32AM

no the shack was not key largo fisheries! not sure what happened to the shack...thats on us1... dont use that anymore!! headed to the keys this weekend!! woo hoo!! :)

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 03:23PM

Somewhere north of those two cities.

Posted by: PinkPoodle ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 03:32PM

I'm in Virginia, that is the East Coast, too!

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 03:41PM

I'm in the southwest corner of VA.

Date: October 26, 2010 03:48PM

THAT'D BE coal country!!! i used to live in Winchester,Va...beauty!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 11:55PM

VA is great too and No Carolina. Wow....all this talk makes me homesick for back east!!!

Date: October 26, 2010 03:40PM

Good to know there's a few people out here. I should have said North East. I was just wondering if there were others in the tri-state area that would want to get together sometime. Maybe the east coast crowd could meet up half way between Florida and New YorK? lol

Date: October 26, 2010 03:46PM

I'm on the east coast, but a mid-atlantic state, not the northeast.

Posted by: Verdacht ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 08:07PM

New York but I moved back upstate. The farther away from Jersey the better.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 08:31PM

Maryland. DC suburbs.

Posted by: elfling ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 08:56PM

NJ - Princeton area

Date: October 27, 2010 11:36AM

My bf works at the Plainsboro library. One time I went to work with him on a Sunday. I was bored and almost went to church down in Princeton just to kill time cuz I saw one of the services was at the same time I'd be at the library anyway. However, I changed my mind though and went to the bakery/ coffee house down the street from the library and read Under the Banner of Heaven lol.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 11:02PM

Moved here from Utah nine years ago. One of the best decision I ever made.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 11:03PM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 11:53PM

You will go a long way in the Noeast before you ever see or hear of a chapel or a Mormon. It's refreshing to see all the old Protestant and Catholic churches scattered all over....and they are not cookie cutter bldgs. Good luck....many good locales from PA north and east.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 11:56PM by honestone.

Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: October 27, 2010 10:25AM

MD, Baltimore area

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: October 27, 2010 11:21AM

Columbia, SC but I was raised in and converted to the Morg in northern (above Albany) NY

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: October 27, 2010 11:25AM

Date: October 27, 2010 11:32AM

Yeah I heard about that pretty wild. Lol. Once upon a time I had to commute 3 or 4 hours with my parents to DC or Boston... now they're popping up around up here!

Posted by: Connecticut ( )
Date: October 27, 2010 12:00PM

Definitely would like to have some kind of get together in the north east area...

Date: October 27, 2010 01:00PM

Me too... I'm def down for that. I'm pretty new to the board. I figured the majority of people were from the Utah/ Idaho area. However, it's good to know there's some people that aren't too far away.

Posted by: elfling ( )
Date: October 27, 2010 11:58AM

It's right near where my Ph.D. advisor lives - he hates the Morg, because of the scars it's left in me. He believes that my lower self-confidence and risk aversion are a result of life-long Morg poisoning.

Date: October 27, 2010 12:57PM

Ouch... What are you studying?

Posted by: rosered ( )
Date: October 27, 2010 12:39PM

Virginia. DC Suburbs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.