Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:46AM

If you drink HOT chocolate but avoid ICED tea because your scriptures say avoid "hot drinks,"... you must be a Mormon.

If you labor cleaning your ward building on Sunday, but refuse to mow your lawn because it's the Sabbath... you must be a Mormon.

If you faithfully give 10% to your church every month but can't afford to buy your own milk... you must be a Mormon.

I anxiously await your additions. >;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:59AM

stencil applied to your wall in the living room containing the word or words, family, home, love ect....

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:59AM

you have a wheat grinder

Posted by: php ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 01:34AM

OMG, right when I read this, I looked around my living room and found a variation of any of those words 5 times! Yep, my family is Mormon.

Posted by: php ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 01:42AM

If you believe it would be a blessing to be born with a major disability, because you would have a free ticket to the Celestial Kingdom.

Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 01:03AM

If you thought that coffee should have an age restriction.

If you honestly thought that the church was the fastest growing church in the world.

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 01:36AM

Random note - I had a seminary teacher who told us that we shouldn't drink hot chocolate...NO JOKE!!! What a nut job!

I guess some mormons don't drink hot chocolate...

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 01:38AM

evolution Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Random note - I had a seminary teacher who told us
> that we shouldn't drink hot chocolate...NO JOKE!!!
> What a nut job!
>
> I guess some mormons don't drink hot chocolate...

I never heard you shouldn't drink hot chocolate, but one speaker did say you should be careful about drinking it in public. Someone might think it is tea or coffee. we must avoid even the appearance of evil. gag.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 10:59AM

which can lead to decaff, cola, tea, and regular coffee.

Posted by: Maggie ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 02:29AM

...the most sacred thing you own is your underwear.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:19AM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 01:22PM

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 04:03AM

If you think getting baptized for the dead is cool, you must be a Mormon.

If you believe rocks are language interpretation tools, you must be a Mormon.

If you think green Jello with tuna would make a great salad, you must be a Mormon.

If you think a basketball court is a cool place to hold a wedding reception, you must be a Mormon.

If you think Utah state government is doing a good job, you MUST be a Mormon.

If you think Spanish Fork is a cool place to live, you must be a Mormon.

If you can feed an army using the food stored at home, you must be a Mormon.

If you ignore people you know whenever you visit Windover, you Must be a Mormon.

If you put up with 3 hours of Church every Sunday, you must be a Mormon.

If you think the LDS Conferences are spiritually uplifting, you must be a Mormon.

If you think a burning in the bosom proves anything is true, you must be a Mormon.

If you think modest is hottest, you must be a sick Mormon.

If you think Boyd Packer is a man of God, you must be a Mormon

If you think Brigham Young was a... Well, if I go down this road I could go on all night.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:35PM

Argghhhh .... I just realized how lame it was my wedding reception was in a f'n gym!!!!!!! Grrrrhh!

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:42AM

while on a business trip with other mormons you end up in a tavern (for lunch or dinner) you order MILK to drink so everyone will be absolutely sure you're not drinking alcohol.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 10:11AM

If your checking out the 14 year old girls as possible marriage prospects, you're likely to be a mormon.

Date: October 29, 2010 12:42PM

No joke .... I got sick to my stomach teaching a group of teens a few months ago and seeing how quickly a local girl had matured physically over the years AND realizing that many of our "beloved prophets" had boinked their way to heaven.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:23PM

Your parents pull you out of bed at 5am to read the scriptures before school....You must be a Mormon

If you believed blacks were less valiant in the pre-existance but now your church claims they never taught that...You must be a Mormon.

If you stand around in a room with your relatives wearing white robes, green aprons, baker hats or a veil and were just threaten to have your throat slashed.....You must be a Mormon

Date: October 29, 2010 12:46PM

If you lose sleep about celebrating a pagan holiday (e.g. Halloween) on the sabbath, yes .... You must be Mormon.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 01:29PM

You avoid the appearance of evil by not buying hot chocolate at Starbucks but you don't avoid the actual evil of judging others so you shun people who drink coffee.

Your caffeine has to be served cold.

You believe the righteous will prosper in the land so you think richer/more successful people are somehow more righteous than you.

You are secretly miserable but refuse to look at the fact it might be your religion that is causing it. You actually try harder to live the religion that is making you miserable.

You really don't see anything wrong or disturbing about the temple ritual.

You believe Satan's plan was to force people to be good on earth so they could return to Heavenly Father and at the same time, think Heavenly Father's church forces you to be obedient. You don't see the contradiction in these two beliefs.

You don't know the bible very well

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.