Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rambo ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 10:58AM

I know this is something that I have been conitioned to feel after I masterbate. How do you stop feeling the guilt? Should I pray to Satan for strength? I'm serious though I guess I have only really stopped believing for about 9 months so I guess it just takes some time to go away. The odd thing is I don't feel guilty for having sex or drinking. It just comes when I masterbated. Maybe it is because I masterbated while I was still a believing member and I didn't have sex and I didn't drink.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:00AM

If you don't do it, it's like you're walking around with a loaded gun! (Something about Mary) :)

Fire one out onto a BoM. If you don't get struck by lightning...you're off the hook. No more guilt.

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:04AM

Seriously though, I remember a couple of years after I'd left I was still feeling the guilt and then some articles came out discussing about how masturbation was healthy and could help to reduce instances of prostate cancer.

You're not hurting yourself or anyone else. Like most of the other things in the church the guilt you feel is due to the control they had over you. Control what people eat, what they wear, how they spend their time and money...its all TSCC does and they're good at it.

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:09AM

ROTFLMAO!!!

I'd set a goal to glue the whole damn book shut.

At least try and create your own "sealed portion" of the book!

BWAHAHAHA.

Posted by: SD ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:21AM

to LDS counsel to keep bearing your testimony until you have one. If you're still feeling guilty you just haven't done it enough. :)

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:28AM

Are you married or single? If you are single, its a lifestyle, and I wouldn't worry about it, unless its replacing your desire to go out and meet real people. If you are married, well, sometimes it happens even after marriage. SO is sick, or out of town, or its that time of the month and you just gotta let one go. Whatever. But if you'd rather rub one out than do it with your SO, then you have a problem.

Posted by: rambo ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 12:41PM

I am single so I do need to do it. It is not preventing me to getting out there to meet women though. I still would rather have sex. Although when I am dating someone I still get the urge to rub one off every now and then.

Posted by: Ctus ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:29AM

Haven't done it enough!!! Oh hell that's funny!!

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 05:54PM

It is your body. My third son's favorite quote (from whom I don't know) is "If god didn't want us to masturbate, then why do our hands reach our genitals?"

Interestingly it was not wanting to instill guilt over sexuality that really made me want to not raise children the cult. One evening I was reading a bed time story to then 5 year old oldest son. He had his hand down his pants and I said, "Sweetheart, private parts are for private times. Right now let's just read this story."

And I knew I never wanted any deal bigger than privacy made about masturbation. It definitely speeded up the exit process. Oldest is 31 now. He DOES have all that hair on his palms, but whaddya gonna do?

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:03PM

I felt the conditioned guilt for YEARS after leaving the church, and not just over masturbating. It is just so deeply ingrained I had to constantly remind myself it was just a product of my brainwashing.

My dad told my sister a few years ago I didn't want my son to sleep over at her house because she was living with her BF. I was PISSED when I heard this. When I confronted my dad he went on a rant about how my son is going to think it's ok to start having casual sex at 12 because his ADULT aunt lives in a committed relationship with her boyfriend.

Just keep reading the facts on everything and realize how flawed much of the reasoning is you've been conditioned to react to.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.