Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 03:19PM

As a retired professional counselor, I have calculated that this board has saved me over $10,000 in counseling fees. How much do you feel you have saved by using this board rather than professional counselors?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2010 03:19PM by get her done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 03:43PM

Interesting question. Sometimes I felt like I was going crazy when my daughter drifted toward the Mormons after beinghappy in our faith her whole life....but it took her 6 yrs. to convert so it happened quite slowly and she married a Mormon....and I had time to adjust....never needed counseling but this place has helped immensely. If I read only once a week that a person got out it gives me hope. That is my way of dealing with it all.

Posted by: Anonymous temporarily ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 05:44PM

The last few years I was in the morg I spent $60-$100 per month on anti-depressants. My recovery from Mormonism and my recovery from severe depression and anxiety went hand in hand (go figure). This board saved me thousands and may have even saved my life.

Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:14PM

$30 bucks a month on pills + $150 a session x 4 years = at least 5 grand. Not to mention all the money I saved by NOT paying tithing.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 04:40AM

I was seeing a therapist 2 times a month at $120/hour. I haven't seen her in 2 months and I will not go back. Why-when she really has no idea what I'm going through. I started seeing her in October 2009,found this board about 4 months ago,and 2 months later kicked the therapist to the curb.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.