Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hillbilly Heathen ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 08:30PM

I was going through my old saved internet favorites files yesterday, and came upon a link I had saved about the Porto Allegre Temple (Brazil) from a couple of years ago:

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/portoalegre/

I had forgotten about it, but upon re-reading it, it made me tremendously pissed off again - especially the part where President Faust was so moved to purchase gold teeth from the members "for more than the market price to share with congregations the nature of sacrifice made by these members".

How low can they go?...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 08:41PM

Reminds me of the Nazis removing the gold teeth from thousands of dead Jews they had exterminated. This is equally wacky and evil.

I have a small gold crown in my mouth and if someone suggested I part with it in this manner I would be deeply offended.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 08:43PM

I always picture Faust with a fistful of gold teeth held high in the air with blood running down to his elbow.

Posted by: The Mortix ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 08:51PM

My wife and I were bitching about this very thing for about a week. I read another poster talking about how the temple in Brazil was being built at the same time as the American Fork temple was. The people in Brazil had to contribute, even gold fillings, and the people in Utah weren't asked to sacrafice anything.
"Hey Bishop, here's my titanium hip, and a kidney!"

I can't beleive that I used to look up to Faust, my six year old knows that kind of antic is wrong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.