Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 05:57PM

Generally, when we were TBMs, other mos felt sorry for us because we have no children, so we'd get invited to all sorts of horrible, stilted, emotionally suffocating mormon family turkey days.

It's much better now. We host a small gathering for our other childless friends, and those with no family in the area. There's more genuine warm cameraderie there than in 1000 fast and testimony meetings. More alcohol, too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 09:51PM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 10:00PM

There is no room for exmos at the family table.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:19PM

Well . . .

My parents both died two years ago--this is our second year without them.

I don't talk to my TBM sister and haven't for over 18 months. Supposedly my youngest brother (the one I'm closest to) is inviting her--so that might be interesting.

Last year, I wasn't talking to my other sister and this year we are.

There will be alcohol at TG this year since the heathens are the majority who will be getting together (even though my dad always drank--just not at TG--and most of my family has been drinking for years--I was the slow learner).

My boyfriend will be spending actual TG day with me--dinner, etc. Finally spending TG with him after 32 years now. It should be interesting especially since my disabled brother has been known to say some pretty outlandish things in front of boyfriends, etc. Hopefully, he'll be on good behavior.

I'm really not looking forward to TG--got too many other things going on in my life. That is just more work and stress to me right now.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:21PM

Oh--I MUST SAY--there will be no blessing on the food . . . since I doubt my TBM sister and hubbie will come. I don't think we had one last year either.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 12:45AM

Preety much the same although we may have wine,

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 01:27AM

We are having my wife's nevermo parents to dinner and some friends. My son is also coming home from college to visit.

We will have wine with dinner and Scotch after dinner

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.