Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Changed Man ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 03:43PM

First of all, welcome. It takes a certain amount of courage to even come here.

There are many reasons why people come to RFM. Some people are curious about what those anti-Mormons are so riled up about. Some are a bit shaken in their testimonies for some reason or another, and are looking for answers outside of the church-approved channels. Some are still strong in their beliefs, and want to learn what the enemy's arguments are so they can be prepared to answer them. Others come here because they have a friend or family member who is Mormon, or thinking about becoming Mormon, and they're wondering what Mormonism is all about.

Here at RFM, you'll find real people with real stories and real concerns. People come to terms with their experiences in many different ways, and it can get tense at times. Feel free to share your experiences and ask your questions, as long as you're not preaching. You'll get answers and opinions, advice and criticism, so be prepared for whatever comes your way.

Chances are, someone here is going through something similar to you, or they have in the past. We're here to help each other as we find whatever it is we're looking for. Jump on in. Ask your questions. We love to hear from new people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 04:18PM

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 04:27PM

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 09:53PM

me too raptor. I've ignored facebook and spend hours on RfM. I'm sure that too will pass, but wow! This place has really opened my eyes. keep it up everyone.

Posted by: exmo99 ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 10:09PM

I lurked for 10 years before I posted. I left the church 9 years ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.