Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beansandbrews ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 11:20PM

Just curious as to how your recovery and results are. Seems as though you had L5S1 issues.

Doing the steroid injections for now.

Hoping your recovery and future are positive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 07:15AM

I'm doing fairly well. I mastered stairs today for the first time since surgery and successfully put on my own shoes and socks as well! I know those steps seem silly, but it's nice to be recovering well.

I don't have any actual disc related pain anymore and am already on significantly less pain medication than before the surgery. (No more morphine, thank the FSM! That medicine makes me a cantankerous b@$&#!) I just have muscle spasms as they try to adjust to the huge change, as well as surgery related recovery pain.

I start hydro-therapy next week. It's going to be nice to have goals and ideas of where I'm supposed to be in the recovery stage.

Supposedly, hopefully, in six months I should be off all pain medication and virtually pain free. It's a wonderful thought after a year and a half of chronic, life wrecking pain. I miss wakeboarding, dirt biking, pilates, rock climbing, splelunking, and horseback riding.

Thanks for asking =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 07:16AM by Tiff.

Date: November 19, 2010 07:21AM

Two things more quick things:

1) If you ever need to talk to someone who understands chronic pain, feel free to email me. My email is publicly listed under my name here on the board. I don't know what I would have done without my friend Kate who suffers with a similar ailment. Chronic pain affects everything.

2) I hope your injections work out for you. They work wonders on some and do nothing for others. Mine lasted for two weeks. Then, they were gone. No fading affects, just one day there and one day not.

Posted by: beansandbrews ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 01:39PM

Would love to talk to someone who knows...but not sure how to find the email.

Date: November 19, 2010 11:09PM

My email is helvetebrann@yahoo.com

Believe me, I understand the need to talk to someone who knows. Chronic pain is a very difficult situation for those who haven't dealt with it to understand.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 08:38AM

Deleted.

Too whiny even for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 10:31AM by doxie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.