Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 11:48AM

And yes, guess who's # 12 on the list?

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-most-historically-important-perverts-of-all-time/beau-iverson?page=3&format=blogstyle_view

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 11:48AM by maria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 01:55PM

Can I have Oscar Wilde, David Koresh, Bill Clinton, and John Updike getting at least honorable mentions? And what about Hef, the late Bob Guccionne, and Larry Flynt?

And sorry, Freud was a crackpot, but he didn't belong there... His mind was twisted by cocaine and doing autopsies of children in a Paris morgue (where there was overwhelming evidence of extreme and grotestque sexual abuse).

Siggie was simply an intellectual coward who did uncover the emotional origins of human bonding and the unconscious and its influence on behaviors; the silly situation today is that three generations of psychotherapists held his work as gospel, and now nobody's talking...

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 02:16PM

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 05:20PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 04:26PM

I don't think having an active sex life or cheating on your wife necessarily makes a person a pervert. Not saying I approve of promiscuity, but consensual relationships with adults doesn't meet the definition of pervert. Most of those people just don't make it in my opinion.We also need to consider that sexual mores are different in different times and places.What was acceptable in classical Athens isn't acceptable today in America I am not necessarily speaking of Joseph Smith or defending him. I'm speaking of the whole list.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 04:41PM

Joseph Smith isn't historically important, and his church isn't Christian - it just pretends to be.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 05:30PM

James Joyce wasn't English. This is slob research.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.