Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 07:10PM

Today, at the Stake Center there was a 'Priesthood' introduction that my 10 year old was invited to.

Basically those who are about to turn 12 are talked to about how GREAT it is to get the aaronic priesthood and pass the sacrament, collect fast offerings etc.

My TBM wife was running some business at a holiday bazaar and I was helping her. Between being at that and at home, I decided to take a little nap before going back to help her clean up.

She said she was not worried about DS going to this thing because there would probably be another one before he turned 12, and that this one was probably a waste of time because wouldn't remember anything for over a year anyways.

So I come home, lay down to nap, I am snoozing, and the back door starts pounding.

One of my older sons opens the door, and this kid who WILL be 12 before the next one of these comes bursting in...screaming...

"PRIMUS SON...was NOT at the PRIESTHOOD INTRODUCTION AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY!!!!!!!"

I mean this 11 yo was basically screaming in ANGER that my son wasn't there.

So I yelled from the room that there was no point for my son to go this year, and if he ever burst into the house throwing a tantrum like that again he wouldn't be allowed in again.

Later when I checked my phone there were 5 or 6 calls asking 'where my son was' because he was missing such an important meeting about the priesthood at 10, which he wouldn't remember probably anyways.

My older son and I went to one and he fell asleep.

This little prick is going to go far in the church and send many to the ranks of exmemberdom and probably not have a clue why as he throws tantrums and destruction in his wake if he doesn't get some maturity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 08:25PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 07:32PM

That is awful. I can't get over how they barge in when parents are there and yell like that. Just WHO do they think they are??? Again...no sense of boundaries at all.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 07:47PM

He needs to have severe chastisement from his parents. But what's the betting he wont?

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 07:59PM

Boundaries people, boundaries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 08:26PM by Susan I/S.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.