Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: redlinzus ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 05:30AM

apologizes for anything.... EVER? Denying Blacks the priesthood? NO apology,just: "Dunno why we had to do that".

Everything is YOUR fault in the TSCC no matter what. Infuriates me to this day and I have been out 20 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 05:42AM

That and they can't afford the appearance of imperfection, the Church is perfect.

Posted by: george ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 05:54AM

"the Church is perfect"
Absolutely! Only the members are imperfect and "dark and loathsome." Ask any Lamanite... Where are they you say? Well, ask a Nephite then... Oh, also missing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 05:56AM by george.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 11:14AM

Yep.
At the MMM memorial, Hinckley said that this service should in no way be contrued as an apology.

Regarding Blacks and the Priesthood, he also said that he did not think it was wrong, but that it had been rescinded. McConkie said the same thing- not being wrong, but for the membership to forget what ever he had said about it.

The church is never wrong. It is perfect, and its leaders cannot lead anyone astray. And rather than apologize or retract a statement, they either hush it up and by inference command the membership to forget it, or they wait 20 or 30 years and let FAIR make up something to explain it away.

Any time that a member feels that something is wrong or needs to be adressed, they are called to repentance and left to work it out between themselves and the Lord (which means that they must get over it).

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 11:18AM

"We were just following orders"

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 11:57AM

"That's too bad, I'm just sorry she wasn't righteous enough to attend her daughters wedding"

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 05:13AM

I can't think of one apology. But arrogant people never do that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.